Is HDMI source streaming to Kodi available?
Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I cannot find a thread.

I currently have sky as my premium channel provider, but I'd like to use Kodi as the main interface. Is there a way of using a video grabber to capture the video off the sky box and stream directly via Kodi? Or something to the same effect?

Thanks,
Froob
When you say capture, i am thinking that means recording show, to hd is that allowed by your provider.
I Denmark we can stream live broadcast over the internet without any "hardware" "legal" BUT we are not allowed to record it in anyway.

But if you have a pvr or TV Card what ever with the right connections hmm think i am walking on thin ice here.
I think you need to check with your provider if your allowed to use a video grabber to capture.
I know you prob mean something else but, a Team kodi can prob answer this better.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
You may find that is against Sky's terms and conditions.

Content providers tend to be against that kind of stuff as what can be shared legitimately to your own other devices may equally be shared to others, and then becomes a pirate stream (which we do not condone or support here).

There used to be an add-on which worked with Sky Go, but I don't think it's functional any more.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thx Darren
I was not sure about Sky, because of the add-on as you so rightly mention, and i think the add-on is gone from the repo
have not seen it when i have been browsing, the video add-ons i could prob have missed it but as you said Most providers of TV or what ever to not take kindly to "Grabbing". or what ever name its called these days
Mine sure as he.. does not.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is HDMI source streaming to Kodi available?0