Release Empty Recordings when resuming from sleep
I've noticed that when trying to access TV/Recordings library every time after resuming from sleep or sometimes if the device has been idle for a long time, kodi will hang and show a black screen with a reboot being the only solution (if I ssh to the machine and kill the kodi process it will recover). Other times it will show an empty recording list.

I posted the following thread in LE forum but was wondering if you might have any insight. I'm not sure if its a LE, kodi, or dvblink issue.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2155.html

---edit---
Its happening with both kodi 16 & 17.
Yeah I've witnessed this over the last day or so, i'm using the latest nightly (KodiSetup-20161028-dfe69e6-master) on Windows 10, which would suggest that its nothing to do the flavor of OS.....

I'll upload a log over the next couple of days and hopefully a dev can have a look, i'm guessing it's a DVB addon issue...
I installed milhouse's LE test build and captured a debug log but I suspect the same is need from the addon. I opened a support ticket with dvblogic and am waiting for them to reply.

I'll post my debug build here in case it helps.

http://sprunge.us/IFKe
yep, just looked at an old log and i also get "unsupported protocol(pvr)" for each line of my recordings,not sure if that's the issue or not.... it's beyond me!

@ksooo, do you have a view on this? ;-)
I've been able to reproduce this with Kodi 16 so it doesn't look to be a beta problem.
For now what I did was create a script which stops and then starts kodi on sleep/resume which seems to workaround the issue. Hopefully the developer can follow up.
(2016-10-30, 00:30)AshG Wrote: yep, just looked at an old log and i also get "unsupported protocol(pvr)" for each line of my recordings,not sure if that's the issue or not.... it's beyond me!

@ksooo, do you have a view on this? ;-)

I think this is unrelated. Have that as well in my log (sidenote to self: will have to investigate), but I do not have any suspend/resume problems.
This one seems to be a strange one, as soon as I saw your original post, I checked and could reproduced it on my HTPC which is now running 17B..... I left my laptop for an hour or so to see if I could capture a log but couldn't reproduce it.... I checked my HTPC this morning which was left running over night and couldn't replicate it either.... I'm not sure it's anything to do with it being left idle for a prolonged time....

I'll have a play over the next couple of days, I haven't tested suspend/resume yet...
I found this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221778

My recordings are on another Hard drive and I would imagine it's set to fall asleep after a short while, this could be my issue, but the thread above is also suggesting that there are similar experiences after suspend/resume... may help?
Yeah I saw that and while my recording are also on different partition it's the same physical drive so its not spinning down.

Also for me I can reproduce the issue by placing my NUC (running kodi) in standby, wait 5 seconds, resume it and encounter the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Empty Recordings when resuming from sleep0