Movie Sets - feature request
Is it possible to change the number of movies required for a set......

I have quite a large collection and I use sets to keep things organised nicely... However it would be great to have sets limited to collections or THREE or more movies..there are so many movies with sequels or films that KODI considers a tie-in that I end up with about 400 sets..and then I have to go and delete all of the ones I dont want. Thankfully I've managed to get WIMM add on working with KODI 16.1 for now as doing it via the actual KODI UI would take FOREVER.....as of right now, I dont think there is a way to make KODI only use sets when a collection reaches a certain number but it would be great if you could.

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything regarding this request so far but apologies if I missed it.

TIA
Sorry there's no setting for that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-29, 10:54)Martijn Wrote: Sorry there's no setting for that

I appreciate there isn't a setting at the moment but is there something that could be implemented somewhere down the line.

It seems strange that so many collections are created by KODI ...for example, movies that may have a collection but I only own one of the movies, the collection is still created but not shown. Just seems like a lot of work is being done in the background for zero return
I hope you have spotted settings>library>use movie sets for single movies (this eliminates sets if you have just one) and at the time of implementation and many discussions around sets, and how it should be handled. Most people wanted that feature, but did want doubles to be included. Perhaps this could be a numerical choice and as such might be better looked at in the feature request threads.

I'll move this message along to 'Feature Requests'
(2016-10-29, 13:41)jouster Wrote: It seems strange that so many collections are created by KODI ...for example, movies that may have a collection but I only own one of the movies, the collection is still created but not shown. Just seems like a lot of work is being done in the background for zero return
There's a logic to that. If you add other films from the same collection at a later date (or even later in the same scan) they'll show up as a set. Otherwise not. If the set info isn't stored on scanning that film will never show up in a set unless you re-scan.
yes I think having a numerical value would be great...so that each user can choose what and how the sets are created.

With regards to all sets being created in the background, yes that kind of does make sense really....but it would be super simple to just rescan three films to create that new collection at a later point...and its certainly less hassle than going through and amending stuff the firs time round, at least whilst the "in house" editing of sets is a little time consuming and cumbersome (IMO). If the MANAGE setting allowed you to just deleted unwanted Set, this would be more of a moot point.

Do love a movie set and I guess the next thing would be for the system to automatically get custom thumbnails for collection groups rather than just using one of the collections thumbnails.....but now I ma getting ahead of myself.

Mod - thanks for moving things into the relevant section
I would recommend using an external media manager such as Ember Media Manager. You'll never have to worry about any extra or unwanted sets or info. Plus YOU can choose what goes into what sets. For example, I prefer having all of my stand up comedians as sets and make custom ones for those.
yes but its still more external work that could be sorted by giving the option to set a numerical number of movies needed for a set. As already mentioned, I have used XWMM/WIMM web interfaces prior to now to do this very thing but it is still a very slow and painful process
(2016-10-29, 20:53)jouster Wrote: yes but its still more external work that could be sorted by giving the option to set a numerical number of movies needed for a set. As already mentioned, I have used XWMM/WIMM web interfaces prior to now to do this very thing but it is still a very slow and painful process

I know how slow and painful it can be (3,758 movies and 215 tv shows), but in the long run it's well worth the effort and time spent! Besides that, let's imagine your kodi database got corrupted today......guess what, you get to start ALL OVER. Now, if you managed your movies/sets/tv shows through an external manager it wouldn't matter how many times kodi dies/corrupts because all that hard work you did is saved! Again, I realize you are asking for something different, just throwing my 2 cents in there. Big Grin Best of luck!
(2016-10-30, 17:15)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-10-29, 20:53)jouster Wrote: yes but its still more external work that could be sorted by giving the option to set a numerical number of movies needed for a set. As already mentioned, I have used XWMM/WIMM web interfaces prior to now to do this very thing but it is still a very slow and painful process

I know how slow and painful it can be (3,758 movies and 215 tv shows), but in the long run it's well worth the effort and time spent! Besides that, let's imagine your kodi database got corrupted today......guess what, you get to start ALL OVER. Now, if you managed your movies/sets/tv shows through an external manager it wouldn't matter how many times kodi dies/corrupts because all that hard work you did is saved! Again, I realize you are asking for something different, just throwing my 2 cents in there. Big Grin Best of luck!

I'm tipping the scales at 6000 movies and 18000 eps/462 tv shows so already know the pain in it all.

What is your external app of choice.

I've taken a look at ember. It it seems to want to create a log of extra files which I really don't want. KODI does a fantastic job of creating and managing your media collection. It would. E great if one of these media managers had direct access to the database and don't need to create a whole lot more files in the first place.

The one with French instructions looks great but I can't even get it to connect to my sql database.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-30, 17:22)jouster Wrote:
(2016-10-30, 17:15)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

I'm tipping the scales at 6000 movies and 18000 eps/462 tv shows so already know the pain in it all.

What is your external app of choice.

I've taken a look at ember. It it seems to want to create a log of extra files which I really don't want. KODI does a fantastic job of creating and managing your media collection. It would. E great if one of these media managers had direct access to the database and don't need to create a whole lot more files in the first place.

The one with French instructions looks great but I can't even get it to connect to my sql database.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

You can customize EVERYTHING with ember. Don't like certain images, don't have to download em! You can choose what gets scraped and what doesn't. It can take a minute to setup and perfect, but worth effort!
Quote:I've taken a look at ember. It it seems to want to create a log of extra files which I really don't want. KODI does a fantastic job of creating and managing your media collection. It would. E great if one of these media managers had direct access to the database and don't need to create a whole lot more files in the first place.

True, but as mentioned, you can choose what to download and what not. Off course, at the very least Ember will create a couple of files (poster, fanart, movie.nfo file) which will clutter your folders but they are only visible when you visit those files outside of Kodi.
The advantage is that with Ember you have a lot of control regarding the metadata and a free backup when you want (or are forced!) to start fresh.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets - feature request0