Android - Use default system keyboard
Firstly, I want to thank the developers for making Kodi possible Smile
I use Kodi on Android (my Galaxy S7 Edge) and find it really annoying that the Kodi app doesn't use the default system keyboard, it also doesn't let you copy and paste, I find this really restrictive and annoying and I know I'm not the only one who would love this feature.
Thanks.
P.S This is my first post and I hope to become an active member of the community.
Is there an api for that now? When i added native keyboard support for ios there was nothing like that possible on android...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This idea seems to have been forgotten.

BUMP for Android's native keyboard.
+1

I would like to see an option in KODI on Android TV to use the system keyboard instead.  Both my Onn 4K Android TV box and Fire TV Stick 4K system keyboards have a voice entry option which is so much more convenient for fast searching than using a 4-way controller to enter text.
You know the Kodi skin keyboard also supports voice search right?
(2021-11-28, 14:17)enen92 Wrote: You know the Kodi skin keyboard also supports voice search right?

Been using kodi for years and years and wasn't aware of those options, cheers.
(2021-11-28, 14:17)enen92 Wrote: You know the Kodi skin keyboard also supports voice search right?

I did not know that, actually.  Pretty cool and it does work on my Onn 4K Android TV box, but it doesn't seem to work on the Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
(2021-11-30, 03:30)GnatGoSplat Wrote:

I did not know that, actually.  Pretty cool and it does work on my Onn 4K Android TV box, but it doesn't seem to work on the Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

It uses a AndroidTV specific framework from Google, and although FireOS is android based it's heavily modified by Amazon and not sure if Amazon would be allowed to use that so they probably do their own thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android - Use default system keyboard0