FireTV Support for External HDD
Looking to purchase my first media machine for a family room, and I was about to settle on Amazon's FireTV but I notice only one simple USB connection on the back of the device and I'm wondering if it will support my movies/television shows that are stored on my external 1TB HDD. My concern lies in the fact that the HDD containing all of my media isn't self powered, no external enclosure etc. I would like to use more than just Kodi addons and am looking for a device that would support my HDD media in conjunction with supported addons if that makes sense. I have already looked over the Stickied "Pick the Right Kodi Box" as well but I'm still left a bit confused. Is the Amazon FireTV not for me? Or can it support a generic 1TB HDD?

Sounds like the Amazon FireTV is only going to support tiny 12,32,64gb flash drives for example unfortunately. I'm really just looking for something that "supports Kodi" fully and will allow me to input my own media if needed (via 1TB USB powered HDD) if that makes sense, at at least 1080p.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV Support for External HDD0