WIP Improved VBox TV Gateway PVR add-on - Kodi 17 Beta 5
Hi,

We have been working hard on the Kodi VBox TV Gateway PVR add-on, adding series recording, EPG genre colors and addressing some of the open issues..
You can test the new add-on on Kodi 17 Beta 5.
genre colors will be added in one of the upcoming nightly releases
Enjoy and feel free to leave us a comment
Hi thanks for the development of the plugin, I'm currently running nightly installs of kodi and the plugin and its working perfectly.

I think we have already spoken on Facebook and I'm running the latest firmware with the channel icons, which you also saved me a digiguide subscription.

So keep up the excellent work.
Do you have any idea on when the git repo for genre colours is coming to the nightly builds? have tried the latest from the 16th of November and cannot find any options.

addon version in the 16th nightly is 3.6.0

Cheers
Hi @dhallam This feature is already there - Can you please try to clear the EPG data from Kodi TV settings --> Guide --> Clear data
Otherwise you may need to edit the Genre type xml with the type you have in your EPG - the xml can be found @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\pvr.vbox\resources\category_to_genre_types.xml
Hi still having issues with guide EPG Genres. Currently with the latest firmware 2.56 and nightly krypton all channels in the guide show as other/unknown in the genre section of the guide.

I have cleared the data as suggested but still no joy. Have looked at the vbox setting's as cannot see anywhere the genres could be pulled from.

Is their anything I can check to make sure?

cheers for all your hard work as its still running flawless on all my kodi installs.

cheers
Hi, I suggest that you will try to search for category_to_genre_types.xml file, it should be on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\pvr.vbox\resources\ folder
It's an XML format and consist of a long list of Kodi category names to guide category names for example

<category lang="en" genre-type="sports">special events</category>
<category lang="en" genre-type="sports">sports magazine</category>
<category lang="en" genre-type="sports">football</category>
<category lang="en" genre-type="sports">basketball</category>
<category lang="en" genre-type="sports">hurling</category>
<category lang="en" genre-type="sports">darts</category>

The genre type is Kodi the atribute between > < is the guide category name

hope this helps

You can add as many additional guide category names
Hi yes I have checked this file and still not had any luck.

Its like the EPG guide from the Vbox does not have any of this info.

I have done some digging and found what I think is the EPG.db file located at c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi\database\epg11.db and within this in the epgtags section of the database all the sGenre section states Other / Unknown

May be in the totally wrong directions on this but I suspect this may be the issue.

if you need me to do any testing let me know and ill pop you my email.

Also Im only using the inbuilt egp guide from the vbox/freeview not an xml guide file

Cheers
What OS and device are you using?
The file should be an xml file for easy editing and not a db file

If you are on Windows, maybe you should enable "view hidden files and directories" option on your Windows folder setting
https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=27479
Using windows 10x64 on all HTPC units and using kodi 17, all system files and hidden files are shown.
I think the issue is that the epg xml guide from the vbox does not have the </category> within it. if i go to
http://serverip/cgi-bin/HttpControl/Http...ChIndex=38

to view the epg guide data directaly from the vbox it is in the format below which does not have any category tags

But if i download an external xml from another online source this does have the /category tag.

So im thinking that the over the air guide data that the vbox gets from freeview does not have this info, or its not being given by the unit.

but i didnt rearly want to mess with a seprate xml for freeview epg but i may have a play and see if this gives me the tags.

From epg guide direct from vbox using OTA guide data:

<programme start="20161215210000 +0000" stop="20161215233000 +0000" channel="www.Movie%20Mix.co.un">
<title lang="eng">Switchback</title>
<desc lang="eng">
Dennis Quaid stars as an FBI agent in pursuit of a serial killer who he believes has kidnapped his son. Danny Glover co-stars. (1997)
</desc>
</programme>
<programme start="20161215233000 +0000" stop="20161216012000 +0000" channel="www.Movie%20Mix.co.un">
<title lang="eng">The Machine</title>
<desc lang="eng">
Toby Stephens stars in this sci-fi thriller as a scientist who creates a perfect android killing machine for the military in a war against China. (2013)
</desc>
</programme>
I have been looking at the Kodi 17 Beta 6 release and I noticed that the TV Recordings has a 'Group Items' option. I have series recordings on my NAS but they show as separate items and not as a group. I know that the VBox recordings on the NAS are in a single directory with a single 'recordings.xml' file. Can I change the file structure in some way to make the Group Items option work?
(2016-12-21, 19:50)geoffd123 Wrote: I have been looking at the Kodi 17 Beta 6 release and I noticed that the TV Recordings has a 'Group Items' option. I have series recordings on my NAS but they show as separate items and not as a group. I know that the VBox recordings on the NAS are in a single directory with a single 'recordings.xml' file. Can I change the file structure in some way to make the Group Items option work?

Unfortunately, this is not currently available. However, it's a great idea. In fact, we already have this in our development pipeline as it was suggested before as well. The more times an item is mentioned by our users the higher we prioritize it and the faster we will get it done - so this just got upvoted.
I presume the add-on uses recordings.xml as its source data and this already has a series-id tag in the xml. Couldn't this be used to implement 'Group Items' without needing to change anything at the back end?
I have started looking at the Timeshift option. I would like to try to use an NFS mount on my NAS drive so have tried to change the Timeshift buffer path which is set by default to special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.vbox. If I select the path the browse screen that comes up only allows me to navigate up a folder and then only as far as the special://userdata directory. No other options are offered.

However, I have discovered by accident that if I create a folder under pvr.vbox and set the path to that folder and then manually delete the folder, when I then browse I am offered navigate up a folder but also Home folder, NFS, Root and SMB. Should it not offer these initially?
(2016-12-15, 14:30)dhallam Wrote: Using windows 10x64 on all HTPC units and using kodi 17, all system files and hidden files are shown.
I think the issue is that the epg xml guide from the vbox does not have the </category> within it. if i go to

Support for category tags is also available in EPG from Live TV - if you do not have category tags in your guide, it means that your broadcaster doesn't include this information in the EPG
(2016-12-23, 21:27)geoffd123 Wrote: I have started looking at the Timeshift option. I would like to try to use an NFS mount on my NAS drive so have tried to change the Timeshift buffer path which is set by default to special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.vbox. If I select the path the browse screen that comes up only allows me to navigate up a folder and then only as far as the special://userdata directory. No other options are offered.

However, I have discovered by accident that if I create a folder under pvr.vbox and set the path to that folder and then manually delete the folder, when I then browse I am offered navigate up a folder but also Home folder, NFS, Root and SMB. Should it not offer these initially?

I think that I have a solution for you, with a mouse, press anywhere outside of the "Timeshift buffer path" window, it will rotate to different path options including root, network, windows (smb). strange but it works

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved VBox TV Gateway PVR add-on - Kodi 17 Beta 50