v17 Segfaults while playing a file after a few minutes [SOLVED]
Running v17b05 on Linux x86_64 and observed a crash while playing back an AVC ([email protected]) video. It does not crash in the same spot though and I have tried playing it 3x now. I have verified that v16.1 plays it successfully. Interestingly, when played on Arch ARM (RPi3), the same video file does not cause a crash so it seems related to x86_64.

The complete debug log is available here.

I get the following in dmesg when this happens:
Code:
VideoPlayer[6289]: segfault at 8090 ip 00007fc402af87cf sp 00007fc3ba1ec5b8 error 6 in libc-2.24.so[7fc4029d0000+195000]

EDIT: I have verified the crash on three different files, agaon only on x86_64 not ARM.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
I rebuilt the package with the --disable-shared-libraries flag as the only difference and I can play the same files without a segfault. Thought as to why?
Please rebuild master branch. Same issue?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can. I am assuming you would like me to do so with the original set of ./configure option including --enable-shared-libraries?
Yes. I pushed some broken code two days ago. Please keep our internal ffmpeg, though.

Thinking again: you said: all fine when using our internal stuff?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Post the full gdb backtrace of all threads, please.
@fritsch - The crashes occurred when I build beta5 with --enabled-shared-libraries; if I build it simply changing that to --disable-shared-libraries I do not experience the crashes.

I am now building from git/master (8b194aa95875c3cb20321baf07d2e196b4c851b1) using the --enabled-shared-libraries to look for the same crashes.

EDIT: No crashes.
Cool. So all fine?
Yes, building from git/master with the option leads to no issues, just b5 is affected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Segfaults while playing a file after a few minutes [SOLVED]0