What's happening with the nvidia shield ?
Just started checking around for prices on the nvidia shield and noticed there are few if any available. Amazon has none, and speaking to someone today at Best Buy he told me none of the stores in my area will be carrying it anymore.

Are they fazing the shield out already ? Is there a newer model in the works ?
(2016-11-02, 00:45)Pi 4 Wrote: Just started checking around for prices on the nvidia shield and noticed there are few if any available. Amazon has none, and speaking to someone today at Best Buy he told me none of the stores in my area will be carrying it anymore.

Are they fazing the shield out already ? Is there a newer model in the works ?

I live in Los Angeles and was at Fry's in Burbank the other day and they had a bunch in stock. Just the 500gb ones though.
You might want to keep abreast of this here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220297 from what I have seen, Nvidia just released a major update in their software for this platform and some have noticed patents for new equipment although there has been no official word.
Heads up, Amazon France still has some in stock.
Both the 16GB and Pro are currently in stock in the Nvidia Store.

http://shield.nvidia.com/store/android-t...ixGF100416

As for them phasing-out the Shield, no, and it will even be one of the topics Nvidia will covered at CES 2017 (according to their CES video) were they'll have a large presence. As for a new Shield, rumors abound due to the FCC filings, but just because Nvidia filed with the FCC doesn't mean anything and it would not be the first time that they, or some other company, has done that only to not follow through.

Also, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what a BB employee says, but even if that is the case just because they don't carry them in store does not mean that they won't sell them online. And it's not like some BB stores had many of them anyway, the one closest to me has a total of one (a Pro) which has been in the store since the Shield launched and it's been tucked away where no one can see it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-11-02, 11:19)Tinwarble Wrote: Both the 16GB and Pro are currently in stock in the Nvidia Store.

http://shield.nvidia.com/store/android-t...ixGF100416

Well that's promising.. Lets see how long it takes for everyone else to have stock again..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
That's great news. It is surprising though with the holidays here that it isn't more readily available.

One has to wonder what a Sheild2 would look like ? I guess we'll find out... or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's happening with the nvidia shield ?1