Video keeps jumping out of sync with sound on live TV
Hi,

I am using Libreelec (latest stable version) on a Raspberry Pi 1 and 2.

On both of them, I keep getting a glitch in the picture and the sound jumps out of sync - this usually happens after about five minutes.

It only happens when streaming live tv - recordings are absolutely unaffected.

I have tried turning the live tv buffer on and off but this does not help.

Also, I have used Argus TV and Mediaportal on my server and neither of these suffered the same problem.

Any help fixing this would be much appreciated.
(2016-11-02, 15:47)elsmandino Wrote: Also, I have used Argus TV and Mediaportal on my server and neither of these suffered the same problem.
It wont be anything NextPVR specific. NextPVR is just passing Kodi the original bitstream that comes from the broadcast over http. Kodi is responsible for demuxing the stream, breaking it into separate audio/video packets, and presenting them at the correct times.
Thank you.

This is exactly what I was thinking - the only difference (considering I am using the same version of Kodi, with the same settings) seems to be the fact that I am using the NPVR addon.

Is there anyway to see what is going on in Kodi at the moment the glitch happens?
Is this only with omxplayer enabled?
Might be worth trying a Krypton build, which does fix an issue with out-of-sync audio after a glitch with omxplayer.
Thanks you - I shall definitely try that out and report back on here - sounds very plausible that that might indeed be the cause.

One other quick idea - when I first installed NPVR, I did not touch the codec section, Some of the entries for video and sound did not have anything next to them. Is it possible that this might be the cause?

My thinking was that as I use NPVR as a backend only, it does not matter what codecs are used as Kodi on my RPi does all the decoding. Is this in fact wrong? I.e. the server still needs codecs to decode the stream before passing it on it on to Kodi?
The decoder settings in NextPVR are only used when you're watching directly in NextPVR. You're using kodi for your viewing, so Kodi supplies it's own demux and decoders.
Thanks guys - Krypton sorted everything out.

I updated a few days ago and it has not gone out of sync once.
Hi Guys,

I'm running the latest LibreElec Beta (7.90.010) and this issue has re-occured...but...only on my RPI2 devices and only when OMXPlayer is enabled.

My RPI3 devices work fine with OMXPlayer enabled or disabled. The RPI2 devices seem to work fine when the OMXPlayer is disabled

I found that a live stream from my HDHomerun (with Cable Card) seemed to be really bad (5+ seconds out) while my HDHomerun (ATSC) channels seemed ok.

Any thoughts? I know its not a NextPVR issue i'm just not sure where to report it.
(2017-01-15, 19:36)madas Wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm running the latest LibreElec Beta (7.90.010) and this issue has re-occured...but...only on my RPI2 devices and only when OMXPlayer is enabled.

My RPI3 devices work fine with OMXPlayer enabled or disabled. The RPI2 devices seem to work fine when the OMXPlayer is disabled

I found that a live stream from my HDHomerun (with Cable Card) seemed to be really bad (5+ seconds out) while my HDHomerun (ATSC) channels seemed ok.

Any thoughts? I know its not a NextPVR issue i'm just not sure where to report it.
Hi, having the same issue here on RPi 2 and Next PVR as a back end. Turning OMXplayer on seems to cure it for a few seconds before it goes out of sync again.

Any ideas?

Sent from my 1+3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video keeps jumping out of sync with sound on live TV0