kodi on chromebook
hi guys im a bit of a noob to kodi and i was just wondering if its possible to put kodi on a chromebook? any advice?Huh
If you want to keep the chromebook features, you can only put Kodi on chromebooks that support installing Android apps from Google Play, and even then.. it doesn't always work great. I've got such a chromebook, and pretty much only software rendering works at all.
Thread moved to the hardware section.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Install crouton in your Chromebook and then you can run Kodi from crouton/ubuntu
(2016-11-03, 19:39)solus Wrote: hi guys im a bit of a noob to kodi and i was just wondering if its possible to put kodi on a chromebook? any advice?Huh

(2016-11-03, 22:10)natethomas Wrote: If you want to keep the chromebook features, you can only put Kodi on chromebooks that support installing Android apps from Google Play, and even then.. it doesn't always work great. I've got such a chromebook, and pretty much only software rendering works at all.

(2016-11-04, 17:42)Ben Tonan Wrote: Install crouton in your Chromebook and then you can run Kodi from crouton/ubuntu

my Kodi Chromebox EZ Setup Script works for Chromebooks too - allowing you to dual boot LibreELEC or GalliumOS from either internal or external storage. crouton or the Android app are far poorer performing solutions at this time.
mr chromebox's script is the only way to go. i use 2 chromeboxes and a chromebook running galliumos and kodi.
fast smooth and easy. if you are only using the chromebook for kodi then libreelec is amazing. if you want to do other things like use google chrome then galliumos is fast and stable.
hope this is of some help
good luck
cheers guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi on chromebook0