Kodi Frozen on Black Glass Splash Screen
I am NOT any sort of expert. Please remember that when posting. =)

I purchased a jailbroken firestick with Kodi and used it fine for about a week. I decided I wanted to change the skin and I chose the Black Glass skin.

Ever since I changed it, Kodi will not run. I get to Kodi and I either get a black screen or a colorful screen that says "Kodi Black Glass by TGX" and it just freezes. It will not let me click on anything. All I can do is hit the HOME button to go back to Amazon's home screen.

I have attempted FORCE STOP and CLEAR CACHE. No change.

Is there anything else I can do to get Kodi to run? I found a video on youtube that tells me how to reinstall kodi but that really scares me.

Thanks for any help.
You're looking for the Userdata (wiki) folder and you want to delete guisettings.xml Kodi will rebuild this file on next launch and take you to the default skin.

Check this link for the location on a firestick Look here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236155
Thank you very much, PatK, for your help. This is going to sound dumb but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. When I read the instructions in the link you sent, I am assuming that I need to plug the firestick into my computer to get to these directories, yes?

Thanks again!
On a desktop Kodi you can enter the file manager, click on the profile directory, find the guisettings.xml and delete, but I assume you can't get into Kodi, so you would have to use the operating system on the stick to enter using something like "ES File Explorer" a play-store download on your device, locate the file and delete.
I did it! It took me an hour and many videos on YouTube but I was able to download the ES File Explorer and get to the userdata folder. And I learned a LOT about my new Firestick! Thank you SO much PatK. I sincerely appreciate your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Frozen on Black Glass Splash Screen0