Req Log dependencies errors
Is it possible to increase the logging when encountering dependencies errors, to know exactly what Kodi is complaining about? Krypton has been a bumpy ride in this matter.

Some users get dependencies errors when installing Emby for Kodi (on Kodi Krypton), but the debug log shows absolutely nothing useful. What I'd like to see is something that mentions xbmc.python version is not met (if the version is not supported), etc. It took me a while to figure this one problem out. There's still some random issues (even after bumping the xbmc.python version), but the lack of logging is painful and should really be explicit especially with Kodi debug enabled.

This would help developers figure out dependencies issues quickly.

Thanks for your time
iirc the addon manager used to be more verbose in previous kodi versions.
what's left there today is indeed not always very helpful when it comes down to troubleshooting issues.

last night several users reported a number of skins were marked as incompatible in our repo due to dependency issues,
i could reproduce it, but i couldn't find any clues in my logfile .

the only way i could get it to log the actual error, was to download one of the affected skins and use the 'install from' zip option.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yikes. Well I hope it's something that can be added or re-added sooner rather than later. I read, re-read all the changes in Krypton so far and still can't figure out why dependencies are giving so much trouble at times.

Thanks for moving my thread to the proper section.
Because there's a core issue atm that needs to be fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh, well that's good to know. Thanks for your reply Martijn!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Log dependencies errors1