MovieTime
(2016-12-01, 17:36)hdmkv Wrote: Has anyone seen 'Suicide Squad'? Fun or as bad as most critics claim? Debating whether to blind buy the 3D Blu-ray.

To me it felt like any atmos audio was practically non existent, if still add it to the collection tho
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Too bad... watched 'Sully' w/ATMOS a few weeks ago and ATMOS was excellent. Great movie too.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have be debating on installing speakers on my ceiling for the ATMOS piece. I currently have the Andrew jones setup. How does the ATMOS sound differ from your standard surround sound?
I have Andrew Jones as well ... and added Yamaha in-ceiling speakers to my existing 7.2 for a 7.2.4. With ATMOS and X, you get noticeably more immersive audio, especially height effects.
My Family Room Theater
Watch Sully, Keeping Up With The Joneses all the AsRock Beebox Kaby Laky Kodi Krypton @afedchi build.

I miss out on a lot of 3D movies, moving from one state to other, on my 3D list to watch

Tarzan
Independence day Resurgence
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows
Ghostbusters
Star Trek Beyond
The Jungle Book
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-12-22, 17:06)hdmkv Wrote: I have Andrew Jones as well ... and added Yamaha in-ceiling speakers to my existing 7.2 for a 7.2.4. With ATMOS and X, you get noticeably more immersive audio, especially height effects.

I may have to buy the AJ ATMOS speakers. Seems to be getting more and more popular.
Just watched Ghost Busters 3D and its the best 3D i have ever seen, the 3D effects was well incorporated into the movie also the effects 3D coming out the Black bars was fantastic.
This is how 3D was suppose to done, this will have kept 3D alive.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
+1... another good one I caught up on is 'Point Break' (the remake). Very good 3D, and maybe because I never saw the original, thought this was pretty decent.
My Family Room Theater
Watched that one in the Theater, will try to watch it at home again...

This 3D Ghost Busters really add an extra story to the movie, any 3D lovers should buy this 3D copy of GHOST BUSTERS.
Watched 'Hacksaw Ridge' (by Mel Gibson) this past weekend on Zidoo X9S... great movie, visceral, but also tender. Excellent ATMOS audio mix! Great bass!
My Family Room Theater
Gleason (2016). Shield TV. Great movie about a great family!
Passengers 3D on Beebox-S INTEL KABY LAKE
'Passengers' was ok, as was the 3D quality. But, honestly, happy to have anything 3D!

On deck for this weekend:
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) 3D (bought 2D w/ATMOS and 3D w/o, and built a complete immersive ISO)
- Sing (2016) 3D
My Family Room Theater
(2017-03-18, 01:56)hdmkv Wrote: 'Passengers' was ok, as was the 3D quality. But, honestly, happy to have anything 3D!

On deck for this weekend:
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) 3D (bought 2D w/ATMOS and 3D w/o, and built a complete immersive ISO)
- Sing (2016) 3D

Doing the same thingWink
Just finished watching Childhoods End (2016).... Brilliant

Home build in signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MovieTime0