fan settings
hi all,

i have my bios set the fan speed to 30% by defaults to keep my box running cool - probably a bit paranoid Oo

just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on these ideas:

having an option in the GUI that when you watch a movie file it drops the fanspeed down to either a predefined 20% or to a user specified fan speed.

i do not normally find 30% too noisy but when I am watching a DVD on my ropey old noisy samsung drive along with the extra fan noise it can be slightly hard to concentrate on watching the DVD.

any thoughts?
The fan ramps up when the system is under load and getting hot. There is a manual override where you can set the speed and temp... if your paranoia can be shelved set teh temp to its highest value and turn down the fan speed to your 20%. Of course if the system heats up to the maximum your still out of luck.

From a personal standpoint I have a 42" plasma that I stream video to my box on my entertainment center... even with it controlling itself I dont see how the fan speed could be that bothersom unless you have the box next to your ear thinking the audio is coming out of an internal speaker... just my 2 cents.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fan settings0