Linux Switch from Intel HD Graphics to Nvidia GTX 1050
hi,

running win 10 64bit, i5 fifth gen, gtx 1050.
when playing hevc 10bit 4k, the cpu load is maxed out and video stutters.

i dont think the gtx is used to decode the stream and thus the max cpu load.
how can i tell kodi to use the gtx hw.

tnx
You can't. There is no hevc 10 bit support for Nvidia via vdpau at all. Nvidia does not care.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi

I would like someone to help me Please,

I have a Gigabyte GTX1050 , I5-6400 2.70GHZ , and when ever i play 4K movies it stutters and my CPU usage goes to 100%, how do i fix this issue please ( i just bought the card to watch 4k movies that i have saved and it didnt work )

Thank you guys Smile
Hello hemocave,

I would have thought the GTX1050 capable of handling the 4k content. There must be other issues at play.

Best to provide a debug log. Instructions in my signature below. Use the Basic method. Once you Enable debugging, restart Kodi. Then replicate the problem by playing one of your 4k movies. Let it play a few minutes then upload the log to Pastebin site and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
On Linux VDPAU cannot decode hevc 10 bit content at all - it will most likely never exist. Nvidia uses a decoder called "cuvid" which is also existing in ffmpeg, it is not hwaccel and there is no kodi support for it. If you want hevc-10 bit decoding on nvidia right now on linux, you need to use mpv with cuvid support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Their needs to be a big sign that say "10bit HEVC KODI- Nvidia says No"
(2017-06-04, 08:31)atoulmin Wrote: Their needs to be a big sign that say "10bit HEVC KODI- Nvidia says No"

There is a better one.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a3/a3e74e84b...3e6cb8.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch from Intel HD Graphics to Nvidia GTX 10500