Linux 'PC remote control' many buttons are not assignable in keymap editor
Hello,

I bought a remote control like this one

It seems to be commonly called a 'PC remote'. I like it because it can work like a mouse with the top buttons if other things fail.

But in Kodi some basic buttons work but others do not. fast forward works for instance but play/pause doesn't work out of box.
So I installed the keymap editor addon but it will not register the click from play/pause and other basic buttons, I have to use one of the obscure buttons then it works, so I had to assign play/pause to one of the 'My PC' button. So it seems the basic buttons are already reserved somehow and not assignable.

Can anyone suggest a good starting point?
I am using Ubuntu Mate (latest version).
You'll likely need to see which keypress on the box the play/pause button is corresponding to and fix it. Alternatively, use lirc and disable the remote working as a keyboard device (will break the mouse you like though). See my sig for link to a different remote but the steps/concepts you will need are identical.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Thanks, is there another remote that works out of the box with Kodi that doesn't have this issue (that still enables you to move the mouse cursor)?

I believe MCE remotes don't let you move the mouse cursor right?
It's not an issue really, just requires a little work.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'PC remote control' many buttons are not assignable in keymap editor0