v17 Linux - projectM when background music visualizations enabled in menus
Apologies for hijacking your thread smoothifier, but I believe i_m is on the correct path to solve my problem. If I go OSD menu while playing music in Fullscreen ProjectM and select Settings I crash. But if I pause the music first and select Settings...no crash.

Now if I can figure out how to create a new build with i_m's modified files and load it I may find a solution.

Carry on...
No worries, jasn. Smile I was beginning to think I was the only one with the issue!

I can go for a while but eventually I wind up with a crash. When running a skin where the music visualization can be disabled in the background, things are much more stable. If the background visualization is enabled, the crash happens much faster. The debug log ends before the crash, sometimes a few minutes before it happens, and there's no mention of it there. Kodi either freezes or restarts.

As far as your creating a new build, that's a little tricky but mostly it's time consuming. If you're on an embedded platform such as a Raspberry Pi, you'll have to run it overnight. I'm on a regular PC so it doesn't take as long to do. The few times I've tried cross compiling for another platform have been less than simple. Smile

If there is a regular building process for OpenELEC that you can point me to, I might be able to help you out, or at least steer you in the right direction. Send me a PM.
(2016-11-19, 18:04)smoothifier Wrote: Sorry I took so long to provide a backtrace. I just ran this on my Arch VM and got this crash. I hope that it is relevant.

http://pastebin.com/P9AJZPbb

I built the plugin about 30 minutes ago so I think that those changes were included.

I screwed this up -- I didn't change the PKGBUILD file, thinking it would pull the latest source. Chalk it up to being hungry for lunch.

I changed it as follows: http://pastebin.com/bYbDsdd3

So far so good. I've been changing menus and no crashes so far! Thank you to the developers!

EDIT: changed paste to a link instead
Visualizations that depend on libGLew, like projectM, are not compliant to Kodi on Linux Intel and won't work.
(2016-11-19, 21:26)smoothifier Wrote: No worries, jasn. Smile I was beginning to think I was the only one with the issue!

I can go for a while but eventually I wind up with a crash. When running a skin where the music visualization can be disabled in the background, things are much more stable. If the background visualization is enabled, the crash happens much faster. The debug log ends before the crash, sometimes a few minutes before it happens, and there's no mention of it there. Kodi either freezes or restarts.

As far as your creating a new build, that's a little tricky but mostly it's time consuming. If you're on an embedded platform such as a Raspberry Pi, you'll have to run it overnight. I'm on a regular PC so it doesn't take as long to do. The few times I've tried cross compiling for another platform have been less than simple. Smile

If there is a regular building process for OpenELEC that you can point me to, I might be able to help you out, or at least steer you in the right direction. Send me a PM.

Thanks for your kind offer of help smoothifier. This all sounds a bit too complicated for me right now, and the simple work-around (pause music before OSD Settings), I think I'll hold off trying to fix this problem.

Long Live ProjectM!!! (and MilkDrop)
(2016-11-19, 22:40)FernetMenta Wrote: Visualizations that depend on libGLew, like projectM, are not compliant to Kodi on Linux Intel and won't work.

Is this a new thing for Krypton? Because it certainly worked in Jarvis. If this is due to a change in Krypton, are there plans to resolve this?
Any new info on projectM working on LibreElec and Krypton? It worked in Jarvis.

Shadertoy is working, At least one screen anyway. Never had that before...
I'm having the same issue with Krypton not loading the ProjectM visualization, and it previously worked in Jarvis. Using an Intel i3 Ivybridge with onboard video. Ubuntu 16.04
projectm uses glew. glew+intel is not longer working due to EGL. no luck for you.
So how do we fix this?
(2017-01-24, 00:11)ironic_monkey Wrote: projectm uses glew. glew+intel is not longer working due to EGL. no luck for you.

Hey I_M,

Do you happen to know if there is a build of projectM that runs on LibreElec?
libreelec, yes. this one. but not using gles, only using opengl (ie libreelec for x86_64).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux - projectM when background music visualizations enabled in menus0