[split] Hardware Review - Ratings discussion
(2016-11-07, 15:53)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 03:57)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 01:05)hdmkv Wrote: Now you see why this stuff is hard to standardise. I for one could care less about Netflix for example. PQ is very subjective. Some don't care about HD audio ... and I could go on Wink.
Yes. exactly. I could care less about HDR as I've not got the Hardware to support it. I would not care at all for 3D, same as most mainstream Kodi users. Then there is 24p and HD Audio, deinterlacing, the list goes on and on.
Far too hard to standardise.

Its much easier to list Box advertised features that don't work properly.
What are companies selling - does it work properly ?

This is the important stuff that trips up everyday A/V playback and annoys end users the most in the long term, particularly if they have picked a very specific box based on unique advertised feature(s).

Then you don't care about improvement of technology.
I think you need to re-read what I've written. There I've put a seperator line in it to show the preferred alternative at the bottom.

I will reword it:
Its much easier to list Box advertised features that don't work properly.
This is very important as new Technology is introduced into any Kodi box. Flashy marketing, can be very deceptive otherwise.

What are companies selling - do the promised (new) features work properly ?

If I'm looking for a box I want to know what it can do.
So
1) Do the advertised features fit my needs? I can check that myself but if there are comparisons here it's helpful.
2) Do the advertised features actually work as advertised? Info on that is priceless.

Overall rating? I can't see how you'd have anything meaningful, the criteria are too arguable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Hardware Review - Ratings discussion0