Help Picking Hardware
I have been reading these forums for about a week and I am still having problems deciding what hardware to buy. I have read all the stickys but I am still lost and confused.

Requirements:
  • Stream content form my NAS (720p or 1080p with AC3 or AAC audio).
  • Optical out so that I can send audio to my old tuner.
  • Don't care about online streaming(Old Roku I bought on clearance takes care of that)
  • No need for 4k
  • HEVC would be nice but I am totally ok with giving it up until I get a 4k tv in a year or 2
  • Ethernet is preferred because the device will be two feet away from my router.
  • My main goal is that it can play whatever I trow at it.
  • I am totally ok with a DIY solution.

Price:
Under $50 would be amazing be i understand I am probably going to need to spend around $100 and am prepared to do so.
Answer: a 2GB AMLogic S905 (not X) box running LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis.

Head over to the LibreELEC forums - AMLogic section and asking for working Optical out box examples over there if your up for some DIY.
Otherwise WeTek's Play2 running LibreELEC will do all that with Optical output. WeTek may be selling this device without a TV Tuner shortly.

I would stay away from Android completely for what you want, particularly at the budget end of the market.

Thanks I will go over and take a look. Also thanks for that amazing guide you put together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Picking Hardware0