A Gen Behind
I posted A problem on The Help Forum And Was told to resd rules and regs, which i did and then After being asked for a log report. I submitted it.Granted I did something terrible,but still don't Know exactly what it was and I was punted from the forum. When I posted on help, I said I'm Almost Afraid to post.because I look at the posts and Don't understrand what Some People are saying.I love Kodi And admire what they are doing.I was born pre pong and the tech side of things are the deep end of the pool for me. I am trying to catch up but I'm learning its a steep curve. I apologise for my misdeeds on my first ever post, it was'nt intentional. I can Build a Hospital and the helipad, but I couldn't build a web site to save my life. I guess what I'm asking is how does a person like me get help when I don't know what I can say and what I should'nt. When I was in school a calculater was pencil and paper.
Do you understand why your previous thread was trashed?

You were given information on how to get help (provide a log) and you were made aware of what we don't support here (piracy add-ons).

Doesn't seem like you paid any attention whatsoever to the links provided to you to check if your installation would be in violation and just posted your log that confirmed that your issue was in fact those piracy add-ons.

To be clear, you can help with absolutely anything that does not violate our rules. It's that simple.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
[ did read the rules.I still am unaware exactly what I did wrong, and there in lies the rub if a person dosn't understand what you are saying in the rules, how do they know they are breaking them. I understand it's on me to know. I feel like there should be a dummies forun where you can ask all the wrong questions in the right way.Do You know what the slump should be for concrete being poured in 40 degree temp 12 in. deep? I do there is what you know and what i know. Difference is if you wanted to know I'd tell You.

[/b]
I don't know how I can make it any clearer for you but I'll try.

a) We don't provide support for or discuss piracy add-ons, typically those that provide pirated copyrighted Television and Movie streams or live channels.

b) We specifically asked you what it was you were trying to stream and provided a link to specific add-ons that are banned here for you to review.

c) Your log confirmed that you have installed and are using quite a few piracy add-ons and that specifically your issue is with those add-ons.

d) Your thread was binned.

Are you still unaware that you are seeking support for and are using piracy add-ons?
I see now what the issue was. I guess I need to become more tech savy getting the report was easy but when I don't understand going somewhere else and paste something I put it where I had Been Asked for it.Once again my bad. I guess theres a reason why my Kodi says hello stupid every time I turn it on.Thanx For your time and input,
No problem.

As I said, we are more than happy to help with issues that we support.
One More Question: And here I go risking getting binned again every thing I use is received thru Kodi or a recommended add on place, hope I didn't say anything bad.the response I got to my first post implied I was using something not aproved. Once again story of my life I'm confused.
I'm afraid to say that you are categorically incorrect and are still not grasping the issue.

The add-ons you have installed do NOT come from Kodi and the places that carry those add-ons are NOT recommended by us because they provide access to illegal, pirated content.
If a 3rd party add-on you are using within Kodi is on the banned add-on (wiki) list, or indeed if an add-on is supplying for free TV shows, channels or movies that you would normally need to pay to receive, or that are in other ways not available online legitimately (eg movies still in theatres) then it is not supported or welcome here.

Any installation containing them is also not supported.

The proper official Kodi installation downloadable from here does not ship with any media sources pre installed. If yours did then you have an unsupported setup.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Wow The Light bulb just came on I think I've got it now, I'm older but you guys spoon fed me the info and I understand now. I hope I'm not beyond help yet I'll strive to be more forum friendly from now on.
I know you people have alot of issues to deal with every day. I'm sorry I had to be one right out of the gate,Thanks for taking the time out to get me pointed in the right direction.
If we can educate people on the proper use of Kodi it's time well spent and worthwhile...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yep, glad we are on the same page now. Good luck.
And To Mr. Hill I got your last words to me before i got binned. They were something to affect of if you want to be on the forum clean up your box those words sounded like a message. low and behold I'm veiwing again.Still helping while your binning. Thanks
(2016-11-07, 21:43)CanadaKid56 Wrote: [ did read the rules.I still am unaware exactly what I did wrong, and there in lies the rub if a person dosn't understand what you are saying in the rules, how do they know they are breaking them. I understand it's on me to know. I feel like there should be a dummies forun where you can ask all the wrong questions in the right way.Do You know what the slump should be for concrete being poured in 40 degree temp 12 in. deep? I do there is what you know and what i know. Difference is if you wanted to know I'd tell You.

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

(2016-11-07, 23:16)CanadaKid56 Wrote: And To Mr. Hill I got your last words to me before i got binned. They were something to affect of if you want to be on the forum clean up your box those words sounded like a message. low and behold I'm veiwing again.Still helping while your binning. Thanks

Is that all you learned from this exchange? Interesting.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Gen Behind0