Req User Defined Default View Types via Settings
a feature that allows a user to update a specific settings view page contained within each skin that allows for the user to define what that person's default for each skin to be used since different skins can offer similar and/or not similar to other skins number of views. Basically what you have now is each skin provides a set number of views and you may but they all follow a pattern which may be different on the various views which can be customized but requires that you manually update each and every set manually to the defaults you want it to take for that set but nothing globally as a default other than what the skin designer felt should be used as the default.

If each skin offered this level of customization it would greatly assist those who have favorite default view that can be modified for each skin and thus that would always start with that viewtype.

This page would for example in its settings default page offer a list of the options that the skin itself provides such as few examples from Confluence Skin:

ViewType (.i.e fanart, biglist etc)
SortBy : (year, title etc)
SortType (Ascending, Desending)

These options could be changed by the user and thus allowing those defaults to be used by that skin unless of course overridden within say the actual set itself

These same types of settings could also be defined individually for their other sections such such as Music, Music Videos etc. Think this would be a great help to folks who have their favorite views for each skin and then if things have to be moved around and refactored with a large library, this would prevent having to have to manually go back to say each collection (set) and manually modifying those parms for each and every one.

Now granted i know that its a skin specific implementation but however feel if kodi comes shipped with its own skins with a new settings default page then most likely other skinners will follow suit.
I agree completely. I find it silly to constantly have to change the view to media info. It should be possible to set a default view that is standard for all addons.
I'd really like to see something like this, too. Could it be performed by an addon?

I personally toggle through 2 different basic View Options on TV shows:

Code:
Unwatched
Sort by: episodes

Code:
All Videos
Sort by: Title

It would be amazing if I were able to favorite these two settings, and be able to quickly toggle between the two. I guess what I have in mind is a new option added to the View Options saying "Starred: ". Scrolling through this, you could find your pre-saved options, as well as another option of "Starred: save", which brings up a submenu item saying "save current". Clicking "save current" would bring up a popup box asking to provide a name for the current view.

Is this currently available in some skins? It would save me about 10 clicks, and greatly improve usability for my girlfriend.
An Addon possibly could do it and that addon could update the viewtypes db with your desired settings, however that would require the user to have knowledge of each skin they use and the values for their various viewtypes for those specific skins.

Each skin can and often does use different values from what i have seen for that skin's specific types and the numbers can be totally different. It would require the developer of addon to know what those viewtype values are. This same addon would have to store in its own viewtype translation table the viewtype values for each skin and translate it internally and then update viewtypes db with the correct values for a given skin.

If the kodi devs would just implement this capability into their skins then other skin developers would most likely provide similar capability. It seems to me that the devs of course are way busy but i feel they must be working with small set of a "Sets" themsevles otherwise this kind of feature would of been implemented long time years ago in my opinion.

When your number of "Sets" gets large (mine over 800) then its quite a pain in the butt that you have to manually go in and set each and every one to the specific values that you prefer when you first recreate your library and/or update, instead of letting you define what your standard default should be and just apply that by default. If they do have large sets then they of course know the type of SQL statements needed to update the tables for their own preferences. But 99.9% of users won't have that knowledge and skillset and have to suffer thru the agony of manually doing it over and over and over again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User Defined Default View Types via Settings2