RAW File Format Problem (CR2)
Hi,

according to this, Kodi is supposed to support RAW file formats.
I have a Canon 60D.

But those files are not displayed properly and do not get a propert thumbnail. I've testet Kodi on Linux, Windows and on Fire TV, they all behave the same.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 1.1 MB
Support for RAW images has been removed in v17 for exactly these problems. It might return some day when we have the correct implementation done to support it again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I appreciate all the work you developers put into Kodi. Just want to let you know you probably have more users looking for CR2 Canon RAW support than what is represented by the forums. I too am looking for this.

I just bought an RPi and setup Kodi on it. Managed to configure it for my Movies and Music pretty painlessly. Went to show my wife the years and years of pictures I have been taking to impress her with Kodi and it worked swimmingly until I go to the time I went digital, which is the vast majority of my collection. She was unimpressed. Probably have a bunch of people that make a minor investment into Kodi and are likewise disappointed by the lack of RAW support.
I disagree. A lot.

I do not show anybody RAW files to impress them. Those are unsorted undeveloped collections. For slideshows, I use processed JPGs.
(But occasionally I want to browse my RAW collection.)
Anaximandus, not sure if you were replying to me, it appears you were.

You say you disagree "a lot". What exactly are you disagreeing with? Would you not want to see RAW support in Kodi, if even for the occasional need you indicate you have?

Also, as I have said the vast majority of my collection is in RAW. I want to browse my collection from any TV in my house using Kodi. My wife was unimpressed with Kodi not displaying the images. I shoot RAW and to tell you the truth almost all of my RAW photos go with no post processing and look just fine for the purposes that I have laid out. When I want to print out an image or otherwise show a particular image a little love, I may PP depending on what the image may need.
I disagree with your post, and since you're writing it on "my" thread I wanted to distance myself from it.

Especially since you emphasize your "minor investment".
won't help you for v17, but ref http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299034

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAW File Format Problem (CR2)1