Basic skin changing script
The only way I've ever done that is to add a favourite (or superfavourite) and run directly from that. I'm pretty sure RunScript isn't going to work.
By the way I've been messing with the default.py and have v2, as the original wasn't behaving consistently for me:
Quote:#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import xbmc, xbmcgui

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","id":1,"params":{"setting":"lookandfeel.skin","value":"skin.xonfluence"}}')
xbmc.executebuiltin('SendClick(11)')
xbmc.sleep(500)
xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons,return)" )
dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
dialog.ok("Skin Changer", "SkIN SHOULD HAVE CHANGED")
A big THANKYOU for your patience. [emoji1]
No worries. This (the skin changing) is something I looked at a while ago - took me ages to figure out how to get it running properly but once you 'crack the code' it's straightforward enough.

Btw what's the contents of your WNBC favourite entry?
Its:
Code:
<favourite name="Today">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.wnbc/?mode=GE&amp;url=today&quot;,return)</favourite>

I did figure out how to launch an addon:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://plugin.video.wnbc/)")
So what happens when you click the favourite?
(2016-11-09, 23:35)trogggy Wrote: So what happens when you click the favourite?

It launches the link as it is supposed to but I need to have it as a link on the home screen.

Maybe adjusting the skin.xml is the way to go?
(2016-11-09, 23:43)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 23:35)trogggy Wrote: So what happens when you click the favourite?

It launches the link as it is supposed to but I need to have it as a link on the home screen.

Maybe adjusting the skin.xml is the way to go?
In xonfluence?
In confluence
You need someone who understands skinning, as opposed to someone who bumbles about with scripts then. Wink
Would it not be easier to add the today section into super favourites? You can install super favourites from the Kodi Repo. Then go to the today section and add it as a super favourite, you can do a lot more with super favourites too.

Edit - Seen you have done this.

If I was you I recommend TITAN skin has it has a huge amount of different custom options you can make the home screen do pretty much anything.
Thanks[emoji1]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic skin changing script0