• 3(current)
v17 Sorry, I am unable to like Estuary.
(2016-11-11, 04:06)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-11-11, 01:20)da-anda Wrote: because the skin simply has to work no matter what.

Do not know if I should laugh or cry on this one...

Work no matter what?
Yeah, sure...
you know it's a 16:9 skin, right? But yes, that's a bug and now that we know it, it'll be fixed. It's not like the entire team has 5 different TVs/screens with all possible aspect ratios.
Why don't we have 37 TV sets each? After all we're making millions selling Kodi...
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2016-11-12, 14:35)da-anda Wrote:
(2016-11-11, 04:06)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-11-11, 01:20)da-anda Wrote: because the skin simply has to work no matter what.

Do not know if I should laugh or cry on this one...

Work no matter what?
Yeah, sure...
you know it's a 16:9 skin, right? But yes, that's a bug and now that we know it, it'll be fixed. It's not like the entire team has 5 different TVs/screens with all possible aspect ratios.

(2016-11-12, 16:32)h.udo Wrote: Why don't we have 37 TV sets each? After all we're making millions selling Kodi...

For both of you to know: I report this issue for weeks now and I even provided what should be change (you can check in estuary bug reports thread if you want)

I know that kodi will never work properly (no stretch, no cut) on other screen than 16:9 without a full rework and that's not what I'm asking for

I just ask removal of a line of code that made the situation worth than before (even if this line has probably been added to try making estuary works better on 21:9 screen)
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-11-12, 17:30)Gracus Wrote: (even if this line has probably been added to try making estuary works better on 21:9 screen)

It was never added to try makin it look better, it´s just that I always expose all weaknesses as much as possible until we come close to releasing. After all it´s much easier to see now that it needs work to get 21:9 support workin properly, right? Since you already hinted that I dont put in enough effort into this project some time ago, maybe you could move your lame ass yourself and try to fix it?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-11-12, 20:03)phil65 Wrote: maybe you could move your lame ass yourself and try to fix it?

Thanks!

So I fix it myself by removing the line

Stretch/cut on some part but usable
Moanbag is in da place!
That's not a fix
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-11-12, 21:05)Martijn Wrote: That's not a fix

I have never ask more...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-11-11, 10:00)melhemk Wrote:
(2016-11-11, 09:12)bilgepump Wrote: Why should I try something else when I like Estuary and my current situation means I can use it blind? All it means is that I won't be recommending Kodi to anyone else, as I have been doing to date. There's a difference between personal preference and basic functionality. Estuary lacks the latter. I would never suggest to anyone that they have to fiddle faddle about to try to get something basic. Fiddle faddling is for optional stuff, IMO.
So you will stop recommending Kodi to anyone just because YOU don't like the default skin that can be changed in less than 10 clicksHuhHuh
No. I DO like the default skin (as I said a mere few posts ago) other than the fact that you can't easily read any of the text unless you are sitting at a computer monitor.

Here's how it goes: "what should I use on the htpc I'm building for my mum?" "kodi, it's easy to use, blah blah blah".

Here's how it will go from now on: "No, don't install kodi, you can't read text on it, it's only suitable for computer screens or those with programming skills, look for something else for anyone who isn't a computer geek."

It's fine. I'm sure there are alternatives.
(2016-11-13, 00:58)bilgepump Wrote: Here's how it will go from now on: "No, don't install kodi, you can't read text on it, it's only suitable for computer screens or those with programming skills, look for something else for anyone who isn't a computer geek."

I may be misunderstanding - as someone who has ardently avoided the thread regarding increasing the font size in Estuary, but surely it's more a case of "Yes, install Kodi, but be aware that you might have to install a different skin if you have difficulty reading it". Indeed, and I feel like I've already written a post like this regarding Transparency! and custom menu items, it's as much a case of - with it being open source and all - it's a case of you (or someone else who feels equally strongly about this) forking the skin, making the changes and then PRing them back and then, if they're not accepted, maintaining a mod.

To quote myself directly from the Transparency thread:

(2016-11-12, 23:32)BobCratchett Wrote: The point of open source software is that you - or indeed anyone else, as I fully appreciate your point of view (especially as I know how long it took me to learn to skin in the first place) - can make it your responsibility Wink
I actually agree about the readability of some text (plot,etc).

Posted in feature requests to allow txt to be scalable to some small extend.
Don't expect it to be picked up though (at this stage or ever).
Still think its a pretty good cleanup of the entire interface.
(2016-11-13, 01:29)BobCratchett Wrote: I may be misunderstanding
Yes, you are.
(2016-11-13, 00:58)bilgepump Wrote: Here's how it will go from now on: "No, don't install kodi, you can't read text on it, it's only suitable for computer screens or those with programming skills, look for something else for anyone who isn't a computer geek."

It's fine. I'm sure there are alternatives.

You sound like those people who never try a new operating system but swear it's crap because you read/heard it from someone/somewhere else. Honestly, the best thing you can do is not spread Kodi's name, as I'm sure the people you know are probably around a similar mindset. If you think it takes "programming skills" to change a few lines of text to get your desired results, then you're a lost cause and might as well just drop it. Please stop using Kodi and make sure your friends know to stay away as well!
(2016-11-13, 19:32)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: You sound like those people who never try a new operating system but swear it's crap because you read/heard it from someone/somewhere else. Honestly, the best thing you can do is not spread Kodi's name, as I'm sure the people you know are probably around a similar mindset. If you think it takes "programming skills" to change a few lines of text to get your desired results, then you're a lost cause and might as well just drop it. Please stop using Kodi and make sure your friends know to stay away as well!
And you sound like somebody who can't read, and hasn't bothered to read what has actually been written. Your imagination is not a reasonable substitute for facts.

I'll repeat some of it although I don't expect you'll read or understand it.

Legibility on a TV from an HTPC is not a "desired result" it is not a "special feature", it is a core function. You should not have to know how to "get your desired results" by fiddling with the program. It's the equivalent of getting an OS and finding that it is all in russian and having someone tell you that all you have to do is find and install the english language pack.

I am not talking about ME. I will simply relay the facts as they have been given by the team.

As I SAID, I won't recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to use it on a computer monitor, or who is a geek who will be able to fiddle with it. Regular, garden variety users, who is looking for a media player that can be used on an htpc connected to a tv.
Maybe you have special needs compared to the rest.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I agree that legibility can be poor in some areas of the Estuary skin.

The area devoted to library information (highlighted in green) is approximately 58% of screenspace. 42% of screenspace is devoted to oversized dual taskbars and empty padding.
http://i.imgur.com/NlhQhrH.jpg

In Confluence the screenspace used for library information was approx 73%

The experience is objectively worse.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorry, I am unable to like Estuary.2