Syncing Issue Between Kodi boxes
(2016-11-23, 16:01)sy278 Wrote: With the above info it is certainly the DB versions as I advised much earlier. Kodi 16.x uses myvideo DB version 99 and v17 uses DB version 104 onwards. If these dont match then the systems are writing to two different DBs on your server.

To resolve this you will need to either upgrade SPMC to a version using the same DB number as MVC or downgrade MVC to a version using the same as SPMC is. The only way to avoid this is to ensure they are always running the exact same release of Kodi or stop using different distributions.

Ah i see okay thank you for your help. I know for sure SPMC and MVC build is using latest versions of there own respective builds, but maybe they are based on different versions of final Kodi like you said, that would be a shame.

I will do the debug logs anyway as soon as i get a chance. Im also getting Zidoo x9s which uses ZDMC soon, so i will have to check which version of the database that build matches too!
OK, anything that is a release version (16.0, 16.1, 16.2 etc etc) will use the same version db. The same will apply to Krypton once it becomes a release version and not beta. Although db versions are usually stable through beta releases, this is not always the case and certainly is not with alpha versions.

To ensure that multiple instances of Kodi can connect to the same MySQL db, the (release) major version has to match. The bit after that, eg. xx.1, xx.2, etc does not matter but the xx bit does.

So, to ensure all your clients can connect to the same db, you need to either wait for V17 to become a release and get V17 release versions of SPMC & ZDMC, or downgrade your MVC build to a version based on V16. This is exactly the reason I only run the latest version(s) in portable mode, so that my clients on the last stable version all sync off the same db.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-11-23, 21:15)black_eagle Wrote: OK, anything that is a release version (16.0, 16.1, 16.2 etc etc) will use the same version db. The same will apply to Krypton once it becomes a release version and not beta. Although db versions are usually stable through beta releases, this is not always the case and certainly is not with alpha versions.

To ensure that multiple instances of Kodi can connect to the same MySQL db, the (release) major version has to match. The bit after that, eg. xx.1, xx.2, etc does not matter but the xx bit does.

So, to ensure all your clients can connect to the same db, you need to either wait for V17 to become a release and get V17 release versions of SPMC & ZDMC, or downgrade your MVC build to a version based on V16. This is exactly the reason I only run the latest version(s) in portable mode, so that my clients on the last stable version all sync off the same db.

Thank you for the detailed response.

I recently bought a Zidoo X9S and copied over my user data folder from the nvidia shield SPMC build and everything synced perfectly.

My Windows MVC build hasn't been used for a few months since I've been using SPMC on the nvidia shield, so the db of this MVC build by afedchin is very out of date compared with my SPMC and ZDMC ones. Is there a way i can update this MVC build to use the latest updated db from the SPMC build? Even if its a one off manual update i have to do, just so that i can bring it in sync and then carry on using this Windows build from now on.

According to information posted by users in this thread, it looks like the only way i can achieve this is to install an old 3D MVC build from afedchin?

I don't understand though because both the SPMC build and MVC build seem to be updated on regular basis:

SPMC is now updated to: 16.5.0 (2016/11/30) http://spmc.semperpax.com (does this mean its using 16.5 Kodi build? As i think Kodi is currently on 17.0?)

Kodi Windows MVC Builds by @afedchin : 17-November-2016 Windows MVC build (KodiSetup-20161117-9832410-msdk_mvc_wip)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

Im not to sure what versions of Kodi these builds are based on and which one is newer and which is older?!
From what I can see MVC is using Kodi v17, and SPMC is using v16.1 so they will use different DB versions and therefore cannot sync via mySQL. Instead of using all these various builds its would be best to stick to one build source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syncing Issue Between Kodi boxes0