Tvheadend not logging recordings.
Hello There,

I seem to be having some issues with tvheadend and recording and wondered if anyone here might be able to help. To cut a long story short, despite having a folder full of recorded programs, I don't have anything appearing in Kodi's recording list. Programs are recording successfully, but for most tvheadend is not making a log in the .hts/log folder. When tvheadend does occasionally create a log (about one in five programs) it's missing any information as to where the file is located.

A sample of one of the few recording logs present is below:
Code:
{
    "start": 1479053700,
    "start_extra": 1,
    "stop": 1479057300,
    "stop_extra": 5,
    "channel": "314650c00fb2cd50827df4b873f54274",
    "channelname": "BBC ONE W Mid",
    "title": {
        "eng": "Planet Earth II"
    },
    "subtitle": {
        "eng": "1/6. Islands: Wildlife documentary series presented by David Attenborough, beginning with a look at the remote islands which offer sanctuary to some of the planet's rarest creatures. [HD] [AD,S]"
    },
    "description": {
        "eng": "1/6. Islands: Islands are wildlife sanctuaries, but surviving in isolation comes with extreme challenges. Also in HD. [AD,S]"
    },
    "pri": 2,
    "retention": 2147483647,
    "container": -1,
    "config_name": "184490bfbd6f644e050e59e06896bb43",
    "owner": "htpc_Hermes",
    "creator": "Auto recording by: htpc_Hermes",
    "errorcode": 0,
    "errors": 0,
    "data_errors": 0,
    "dvb_eid": 42300,
    "noresched": false,
    "autorec": "6596904ca8ffc5832fdcb89b82524c37",
    "timerec": "",
    "content_type": 2,
    "broadcast": 860619
}

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bez

P.S. I apologise for the lack of debug logs etc. I really don't know which ones would be useful here. If anyone more knowledgeable than myself could tell me which ones you need I'll be happy to upload them for you.
Well after having a rather more in-depth look in the Tvheadend forums I may have found the answer: http://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/23101 It seems that if Kodi's lifespan variable is set to forever it passes an unsupported value to Tvheadend which deletes the recording. After setting all my timers to 3 years lifespan I seem to be getting everything in the recordings list.

Is this bug best reported to Kodi or Tvheadend?
No need to report anything as these are AFAIK known tvheadend issues. The forum thread you linked to here does contain the links to that issues, btw.
(2016-11-13, 13:25)ksooo Wrote: No need to report anything as these are AFAIK known tvheadend issues. The forum thread you linked to here does contain the links to that issues, btw.
I'll leave off reporting then. I did see the bug reports at the bottom of the thread, but none of them seemed to be exactly the same issue. Hopefully fixing one may fix the others though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend not logging recordings.0