Is there a guide for streaming TV-shows?
I'm looking for something that perhaps is more of a guide for getting set-up to stream TV shows. What I've found so far has been choppy and I'm not sure being new that perhaps there isn't newer ways to accomplish this.

Some "how to's" point to configuring a PC to downloaded content that XBMC in-turn would stream from the PC. Preferably, I'd like the XBMC/Xbox to be able to do this independent of my PC and store downloaded content on my NAS. I only have a laptop and certainly don't want to have to leave it on most of the time for this functionality - that's what I have a NAS and Xbox for.

Anyways, can someome provide some links to some guides or tutorials? Also, I wouldn't mind hearing some feedback on perhaps what are the most popular methods being employed.

Iris
You want a how-to explaining how to get tv shows? You arn't going to find that here. Getting the media isn't something we can help you with. XBMC can play just about any type of media but you have to get it on your own.

Once you have it you can simply put the files on your NAS and then connect XBMC to your NAS. You won't need your laptop to remain on all the time and if you need helping connecting the XBOX to the NAS we can help you.
Well, there are some guides here like this one so I wouldn't say that one wouldn't find anything here. But, like I said, they involve the use of a PC and I wanted to avoid that. I just wanted a nudge in the right direction from someone that has implemented something similar to what I'm looking for. I wasn't expecting someone to post a step-by-step tutorial rather a link or two to a site that has. Hope this clarifys things.

Iris
You said you'd have the content. There isn't any need for a special streaming server. You can stream the files over a smb connection from your NAS. Unless you mean you want some application to download live streams and automaticly store it to your NAS. In which case you're pushing the limits of automation and would have an extremely hard time doing it. Also if that is what you mean you'll need a PC.

Alternativly you can use scripts for XBMC to stream video off websites. Scripts already exsist which can stream youtube and many others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a guide for streaming TV-shows?0