Is there a way to set the resolution for a .strm scanned in the library?
Is there a way to set the resolution for a .strm scanned in the library?

Basically I'm trying to make .strm files work more like normal video files, I can add the length and mark the .strm watched or add resume data automatically.
But I want to add the video resolution and other data available from the stream but can't see any way to do that via JSON-RPC.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
You can do this in the video portion of streamdetails.
Use setepisodedetails or setmoviedetails to save the streamdetails to the Kodi db.
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
or if you want to avoid json, include a nfo with the .strm and use the nfo content type to scan content.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-11-13, 23:26)Wimpie Wrote: You can do this in the video portion of streamdetails.
Use setepisodedetails or setmoviedetails to save the streamdetails to the Kodi db.
Is this documented somewhere? I can't find it in the wiki or the introspect (Kodi 16.1) or is it something recently added?

With this parameter to setmoviedetails:
Code:
{"movieid": 5787, "streamdetails": {"video": [{"height": 720, "width": 1280}]}}
I get this error:
Code:
{
           "code": -32602,
           "data": {
             "message": "Too many parameters",
             "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails",
             "stack": {
               "name": "movieid",
               "type": "integer"
             }
           },
           "message": "Invalid params."
         }

Edit: So I tried this command in Kodi 17 beta 5 and get the same error, and the introspect don't show any options for it, so I'm totally lost.

jonib
(2016-11-14, 00:28)Lunatixz Wrote: or if you want to avoid json, include a nfo with the .strm and use the nfo content type to scan content.
I want to use the JSON-RPC API for his if possible, .nfo file is a secondary option, but thanks anyway.

jonib
Jonib,

You are right. I was a little bit to quick.

It's possible to read the streamdetails with JSON, but it seems that it is not possible to set them...
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
If my memory is correct support for adding streamdetails was pushed to v.18 I**
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-11-14, 00:28)Lunatixz Wrote: or if you want to avoid json, include a nfo with the .strm and use the nfo content type to scan content.
So if directly via JSON-RPC is no option with current Kodi versions, is there a way to refresh the video info in the library from a .nfo file using JSON-RPC?
I know I can do it manually but that's not practical, the .strm files are added via a plugin and so I need to modify the data after they are imported to the library.

jonib

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to set the resolution for a .strm scanned in the library?0