Linux [SOLVED] Black Background on Movie Posters
Hi guys,

I've got a slight issue with the MQ5 skin. I have all of my media cases built into my poster.png files as I wanted to use original Bluray cases which re smaller in size than the DVD sized cases in the skin. As a result I had to create images which have transparency in them.

When I set the media case to off in every view in MQ5 (bar 1 or 2, but I don't like those views) an ugly black background appears around where the transparency should be, resulting in quite a poor looking list.

Is there a way to remove this black background, as it doesn't appear in the "Recently added" widget on the home screen?

I'd prefer a solution to just removing that black background as I don't want to have to redo all of my posters!

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: SOLVED! Edited "black.png" in the media folder, and made it transparent. That was the issue all along. Nothing to do with the sizing of the poster.
Some images so people know what I mean.

As you can see on this one the transparency is active on the posters.

But on this one there is a black background behind the poster.

Can anyone suggest how to remove the black background?

Thanks
It's because the case you are using is the wrong size. XBMC expects them to be the same size that MQ has set in the skin file, and as such renders it like this, but by doing so turns your transparent portions black. You will either need to make your cases the right size, or change the code in the views to match the dimensions of your case.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thanks for the response.

What size should the image be?

Also where in the code is the dimension? It might be faster to edit that than all the posters!
Marcos added a template for the case size in the media case thread.

Not sure where the code is for dimensions. You'll have to look through the relevant xml files. viewsrightlist.xml is the view your using above.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thanks for the help.

Just to be clear though, this is with cases turned off. I have built the Bluray box into the poster.

I haven't made a custom Bluray case!
SOLVED! Edited "black.png" in the media folder, and made it transparent. That was the issue all along. Nothing to do with the sizing of the poster.
In the media folder? Where? On my xml or withen Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Black Background on Movie Posters1