[SOLVED] Having trouble configuring custom sections on home screen
First off just a FANTASTIC skin!!!!!!

I am stuck adding custom sections to main menu and having the deeper levels work properly.

Kodi Jarvis 5.8.7-3.0.6 (from Aeon Nox Silvo page)
Aeon Nox Silvo
Using "showcase view" (Don't know what to include for information about setup to assist you, please let me know)

"Movies" section works fine with both "movies" and "Blu-ray". TV shows work just fine. It is when I am trying to add something new that things don't work right. Here is layout
Media-Center/Movies
Media-Center/Blu-Ray
Media-Center/Kids
Media-Center/Music
Media-Center/TV Shows

From this picutre below in "Movies" if I hit play/enter movie just starts automatically, no problem

I got "Kids" to show up...thought I was golden...nope!

I thought I would see something similar to above example (x-men pic) but saw this instead?

Then after clicking on "movie folder" from pic above I get to this level and THEN when I hit play/enter movie plays!

It must be "pilot error" by me. How can I avoid all the extra "levels"? I have tried changing to a different view for just kids but it changes the entire library as well? It must be either really simple or really complex...either way I am missing it. I "THINK" it has to do with how I might be adding the KIDS folder but it is subtle enough to pass over my head?

Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks for helping a noob.
I think it's down to how you are calling the relevant paths, can you please show an example of how you have customized a menu option, but you probably need to do 2 things

1) Scrape all those folders into your library as 'movies (is Music actually Music or music videos? If Music then you just need to scrape as 'music' and it will be added to the music library so you shouldn't need to customize any menu option)
2) Create smart playlists, one for each section with the parameter 'Path starts with' and then select the relevant video path that has been scraped in i.e.

Movies = Media-Center/Movies
Blu-Ray = Media-Center/Blu-Ray
Kids = Media-Center/Kids
Music = Media-Center/Music
TV Shows = Media-Center/TV Shows

Once you have the 5 smartplaylists then you want to customize your menu item to call the relevant smartplaylist.

This should resolve your multiple level issue as it looks like you are accessing them as 'files'?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
WOW!

I think I got it...I never used smart playlists before and kept stumbling through it...Now I have to figure out how to recreate what I just did! ha ha ha

Thank you so much for the assistance! I am sure I will have more questions...so far so good though.
What I would like is to have Movies/blu-ray all show up on main menu "MOVIES". Then on main menu "KIDS" to just have kids movies. Well I figured out how to get "KIDS" all by itself on main menu just working fine using your assistance of a smart playlist. I only added a smart playlist for just kids. Do I need to make a smart playlist for each section on my NAS box?

Reason is my new problem is Movies, Blu-ray, and Kids all show up under "MOVIES" main menu item. I have certainly missed a subtlety in the process of "scanning in videos to library". I started off with "add videos" for movies. Then did the same thing for Blu-ray, no problem...So how to I "add videos" of the KIDS section but NOT have it add to the main menu "MOVIES" section?

There are so many options under "CHANGE ACTION" (for weather it says "activate window [weather]" and system it says "activate window [settings]"). When I try to follow the same process I did for kids smart playlist to try to get the movies section to work I can either add movies or blu-ray but not both?

I am still missing something. Also there are about 2 dozen options under "CHANGE ACTION" to try to fix this...I am probably lost somewhere with all the options?

Thank you again for your assistance.
Everthing you scan into the library where you define the source as 'Movies' will go into the video node which is what you generally access via the 'Movies' option on a menu. To separate kids from your main films i.e.sources movies and blu-ray you would have to look at another smartplaylist and just add 2 parameters this time both 'path starts with' and then /Movies and /Blu-ray. In your skins playlist editor there should be 'new rule' so just add 2 rules both Path starts with. Then change the menu item to execute the smartplaylist.

This SP should now show all movies in the 2 sources effectively excluding the 'kids' source.

There might be other ways i.e. look into video nodes, but I don't use them and just use SPs as they then to do the job.

Those change actions some are kodi core actions, if your skin has skin shortcuts built in then you should be able to customize and when doing change action there should be a window where playlists is an option and this opens up a list of your playlists and lets you select one and build the required syntax for the change action automatically.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I finally got it to work...I am so lame that I didn't know you could add multiple shares WITHIN the main title "MOVIES" (ex. /movies and also /blu-ray). I also painstakingly messed around with smart playlists (probably obvious to a computer programmer but not obvious to the total noob like me) and got it to work. There is an oddity where I see 2 "somethings" for each menu item I create (ex. Movies, Kids, Workout, etc). I would say smart playlists but that is in different area and I don't know what to call them.

At this point I don't care as I got it working and don't plan to mess with it for a few years till a better version of EVERYTHING comes out. Hee hee hee..

Thank you so much for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Having trouble configuring custom sections on home screen0