Kodi skip forward/ skip back freezes
Hi,

I am a newbie with Kodi, but have used NextPVR for several years. In general, I like the Kodi client's smooth play capabilities and I think it is a very good addon.

However, one thing I have noticed with the Kodi client that doesn't seem to be an issue with the NextPVR client is that if I try to skip forward or skip back too fast/often with Kodi (3 or 4 times in a row), Kodi locks up/freezes and I am unable to recover unless I reboot (OpenElec/LibreElec) or kill the Kodi task in Windows task manager. This happens to me on multiple clients, whether Windows-based or Linux-based. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known Kodi issue or Nextpvr addon issue or is it me?

I am running NextPVR 3.8.3 on server and Kodi 16.1 on clients.

Thanks
I'm using Kodi 1.7 RC and same issue with next PVR latest version.
Paused a live show tonight for a few mins. Unpaused , played fine, but when fast forwarded through ads and hit play it froze. Had to go to task manager as whole system froze. Need to get logs!
Hi,
I have been coming across this same problem.
Did anyone find out the reason and/or fix for this issue.

Cheers
Kodi 17.1 seems to have fixed this. I haven't had any such problems since the Kodi update.
Same problem here, with Kodi 17.1. Never noticed it when I was using LibreELEC on my Raspberry Pi's, but definitely happening with Windows 8.1.
Just had it happen again after pausing Live TV for 15+ minutes and then playing. After about 3 minutes, the stream froze, and Kodi displayed the message:

NextPVR PVR Client
Tuner no longer available

I was able to ESC back to the main menu, but the only way to clear the message and restart the TV stream was to shut down and restart Kodi.

Running NextPVR version 3.9.2 (161119) with a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture card, with everything on the same Windows 8.1 32bit machine.
Its looks like to me that NEXT PVR records live tv in parts and it can't get to the right part in the video,so silly why not record the whole thing as one file..Has anyone used a different pvr with Kodi,there has to be a better one then this,its so F in crap.
AVer Media DVB-T USB2.0 X2 ( 2 Tuners) and MXQ PRO G9CX(for TV only) With Kodi 17.1 Krypton running Windows Media Center and ServerWMC on Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.138.

I love Kodi,been using it for years when it was called Xbox Media Center (XBMC),I still have it on my Xbox Original.I still have the first version on it.

Kodi is "Helpful" in a lot of ways..:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi skip forward/ skip back freezes0