Solved Option to remove keywords from Sort Title
One idea that would make library maintenance much easier for me is if TMM would remove or rearrange certain keywords from the Titles when populating the sort title:

<Title>A Beautiful Mind
<Sort title>Beautiful Mind, A
since version 2.9 we do not populate the sort title (that has been populated for sorting the movies inside a movie set)
I've planned to add an bulk-edit-option to take _our_ display title (like you see it in the list) and populate the sort title with that

would that be a solution for your problem?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2016-11-15, 08:42)mlaggner Wrote: since version 2.9 we do not populate the sort title (that has been populated for sorting the movies inside a movie set)
I've planned to add an bulk-edit-option to take _our_ display title (like you see it in the list) and populate the sort title with that

would that be a solution for your problem?

Yes that would work fine.
Also, as I am manually updating the <sort title> in each movie, every time I hit "OK" I get:

Writing NFO failed: \\homeserver\Movies\2 Guns (2013)\2 Guns (2013).nfo

If i reopen the edit window, the <sort title> is retained in TMM but, of course the .nfo file itself is unchanged. When I close the edit window a second time by hitting "OK', the nfo file is now rewritten succesfully. This is 100% consistent across my video files and is the same in v2.8.3.1 and v2.9
the bulk action has been added for the next version.

unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue - works like a charm for me.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2016-11-21, 11:37)mlaggner Wrote: the bulk action has been added for the next version.

unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue - works like a charm for me.

After looking into it, I think it is a problem with my RAID setup. I am using FlexRAID and anytime I want to rewrite the .nfo to a movie that is stored on the RAID system I get inconsistent problems. If I try it on a single no-RAID HDD the problem doesn't come up. This is definitely not a TMM issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to remove keywords from Sort Title0