Solved Error when connecting to Windows shares
I have a problem with IOS Official Kodi Remote APP. (latest version) On an iPhone 5 running IOS 8.1.2

When I go to music, movies, TV shows or pictures. Connect to the shared workgroup and then click the computer name to bring up the shared folders on another networked computer running windows 10. The app always displays the following error instead of displaying the shared folders.

Any ideas on how to fix this error. Basically all I want to do is be able to connect to the shared folders on a Windows 10 PC with the app so I can play the media,

ERROR

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
directory="smb://BART-SIMPSON/";media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=label;order=ascending;};}
It seems an error on Kodi side. I mean, the app is "stupid" and is just trying to open the path that Kodi returned when the app has asked for the sources files in that section (music, video or pictures).
Looks like I solved the problem.

As above when the added source is the workgroup name. I select added workgroup then one of the network computers names from the shared list the above error is always displayed.

However if I the add source is one of the shared folders on the networked computer I am then able to access the content music/video/picture perfectly and play the content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when connecting to Windows shares0