v16 Horizontal Distortion Lines with Kodi 16.1/FireTV/Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
(2016-11-17, 22:59)mefree98 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 22:17)Kib Wrote: He stated he has multiple clients, and he seemed to have a beefy server. It therefore seemed a cheaper solution than replacing the clients immediately.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Kid, I do have a very beefy machine with very fast Disk I/O, how would I go about using NextPVR batch files to de-interlace the recordings? Sorry I just have no idea how to go about that.
If you have a C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\PostProcessing.bat file, NextPVR will run it at the completion of a recording, passing in the filename as the first parameter. You can use this batch file hook in any custom logic you want run after a recording completes. Any steps you need for retranscoding to remove the interlacing would be up to you to determine (though I'm guessing you'd probably use something like ffmpeg).
(2016-11-17, 23:33)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 22:59)mefree98 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 22:17)Kib Wrote: He stated he has multiple clients, and he seemed to have a beefy server. It therefore seemed a cheaper solution than replacing the clients immediately.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Kid, I do have a very beefy machine with very fast Disk I/O, how would I go about using NextPVR batch files to de-interlace the recordings? Sorry I just have no idea how to go about that.
If you have a C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts\PostProcessing.bat file, NextPVR will run it at the completion of a recording, passing in the filename as the first parameter. You can use this batch file hook in any custom logic you want run after a recording completes. Any steps you need for retranscoding to remove the interlacing would be up to you to determine (though I'm guessing you'd probably use something like ffmpeg).

Thanks and I'm researching that. I figure I should toss in ComSkip while I'm at it as well, and Comclean?? If I am re-encoding the file, might as well remove the commercials? Do I use comclean anymoreHuh It looks like the newest version of that is from 2008, so it can't be what people use these days is it? Sorry I'm a total noob here on this. What software should I be using for doing the re-encoding? Does npvr do deinterlacing on it's own if I set that in the .bat file? Or do I need 3rd party software?
(2016-11-18, 00:34)mefree98 Wrote: Thanks and I'm researching that. I figure I should toss in ComSkip while I'm at it as well, and Comclean?? If I am re-encoding the file, might as well remove the commercials? Do I use comclean anymoreHuh It looks like the newest version of that is from 2008, so it can't be what people use these days is it?
I don't use comskip or comclean, so can't provide much advice on this. These tools are usually pretty imprecise though, so I think most people that use comskip just rely on features of the player that uses the comskip files to auto skip adverts, rather than removing them - so you can always skip back when it gets it wrong.

Quote:What software should I be using for doing the re-encoding?
Entirely up to you. Maybe something like ffmpeg or mencoder or vlc.

Quote:Does npvr do deinterlacing on it's own if I set that in the .bat file? Or do I need 3rd party software?
NextPVR isn't going to deinterlace your recordings - that's typically a feature of a player, like when you watch the video in NextPVR. With NextPVR, your recordings that are a copy of the digital broadcast sent by the broadcaster. It could be 480i/576i/720p/1080i/1080p. If you want to deinterlace, you'd end up using some utility to transcode the interlaced formats (580i/576i/1080i) to some progressive format (like 720p or 1080p, or other custom format) - that's outside of the scope of NextPVR support though, and would be some custom sequence of commands you'll come up with yourself, to run from PostProcessing.bat

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with doing that - try Kib's link about experiment deinterlacing support for the FireTV. This way it'll help with Live TV etc too.
I have both generations of fire tv and they work great with the nextpvr client(addon?/ PVR) in SPMC 16.4.2 (Kodi 16 for android fork) de-interlacing (with Mediacodec on NOT SURFACE)works flawlessly as well, i suggest "BoB" not "half bob".
(2016-11-16, 20:26)mefree98 Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 20:23)sub3 Wrote: On my currently installed Kodi 17 (on Windows), I can click the 'Settings' icon during video playback, click video settings, then select the deinterlacing method. I can remember exactly where it was on 16.1, but it'll be somewhere similar.

Yeah that doesn't exist in my Kodi 16.1 on the FireTV. If the hardware doesn't support it, will kodi not show it?

yes it does.... turn off mediacodec surface and turn on mediacodec in the advanced settings under acceleration then they appear in the osd video settings to choose.
and use SPMC 16.4.2 it works better and has a minimize feature that works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizontal Distortion Lines with Kodi 16.1/FireTV/Silicon Dust HD HomeRun0