Req Have search results show up as smart playlist
Hi guys,

Something I've been wondering about for quite some time. When you search your database for an actor or director, the results are shown in a pretty simple list. The layout (and functions) of that list have been the same since somewhere early in the XBMC days. Recently a tag with 'Watched' has been added, which already is an improvement.

But still, its functionality is quite limited. With all the flexibility we nowadays expect from Kodi, it falls short. For example, the layout is always the same (independent of the skin, except for font and colours.) You can't sort anything. There's just the text list, no posters, thumbnails, info or whatever.

However, I think there's a pretty easy solution. (Yeah, I'm no programmer, so that's an assumption. Wink) Why can't the 'search database' button link to a temporary smart playlist? A smart playlist with one search item: the person's name in 'actor' (or 'director'.) You'd get a results list that's consistent with the skin, you can sort, you have all sorts of information, you can press 'back' to return to the search results, etc. etc.

So something like this (dependent on the skin of course):

Instead of this:

I think it looks better, it's more flexible, it's more consistent and it's relatively simple to implement because the playlist feature is already there.

Is this something you could consider?
I've never really given the list a second thought, but it would definitely be nice to have a little more control. +1
This is a wonderful suggestion for Kodi v18! Cool
I'll shamelessly up this thread now that v17's feature freeze is over. :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have search results show up as smart playlist2