colour space - RGB / YBCR - 16-235 / 0-235
KODI really needs a separate colour space setting for the GUI and video playback as to get BTW and WTW working correctly KODI has to be set to limited and the GPU set to FULL RGB 4:4:4. With this employed the correct colour space in kodi is 16-235 which then washes out the GUI. Either we need a seperate colour space setting or a brightness / gamma setting for the GUI.

If you are using a HTPC and your GUI isnt washed out and you are using FULL RGB 4:4:4 then I can bet they your youtube videos are crushed - this will mean your TV colour space is set wrong and you are doing an extra conversion.
Would love to have this one!

But I think it is not possible right now.

As far as I remember, GUI and video player are the same process so it will be really hard to get 2 differents settings for the same thing

Could be possible if one day Kodi devs separate GUI process from video process
Moanbag is in da place!
all that would need to happen is that the colour space switch would only operate in media mode, that should be fairly simple to add. The 16-235 switch would be there but when switched on it would only change when media is actually playing.
That's a good request. Do you know if it is possible to change the working color space within Photoshop to more accurately reflect how one's art will actually display in HD through an uncorrected Kodi?
At least for Linux this is not correct. limited color range does affect UI, video, and pictures in the same way.
Same thing for Kodi under Windows. The color limit applies to the GUI and videos equally.
my current workaround for this is to use DSPLAYER kodi and MADVR for all 1080p stuff and then use an external player to play 4k stuff, madvr doesnt play nice with 4k yet. As the colour space is controlled in madvr its doesnt matter how you set the colour space in kodi as it only effects the gui so you can turn 16-235 off.

having a washed out GUI in Krypton is the only thing stopping me from switching to it, that this requests hasnt already been made makes me wonder how many people have their HTPC setup badly or wrong and dont even know it, as was the case for me for years until I read up on it.
Did you read the post above yours? Maybe its time to finally tell us which hardware and operating system are affected from this in your opinion?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's not an issue!
It's just the way kodi works

GUI is made for full color space and video files are made for limited color space so no matter how you set color space in kodi you could have color issue on gui or video (more or less visible depending on the black level/contrast ratio/color reproduction of your screen/TV)

Setting Kodi to limited lead me to a little bit washed out GUI
Setting Kodi to full lead me to crushed black and burned white

The best solution would be to have 2 seperate color space settings (that is what the OP is talking about) or applying the current setting to video player only
As it is not how Kodi works, I just set it to limited and do not care about the "little bit washed out" GUI
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-11-18, 11:09)Gracus Wrote: It's not an issue!

GUI is made for full color space and video files are made for limited color space so no matter how you set color space in kodi you could have color issue on gui or video (more or less visible depending on the black level/contrast ratio/color reproduction of your screen/TV)

What a complete nonsense you write. I would have not said this, if you did not ignore my post.
I know for sure that at least on Linux ui and video observe limited/full range setting. This is how kodi works. And yes, this is not an issue because it works correctly, at least on Linux.
(2016-11-18, 08:33)Memphiz Wrote: Did you read the post above yours? Maybe its time to finally tell us which hardware and operating system are affected from this in your opinion?

what are you on about?, who was this aimed at?
**Edit**. Hes asking you what hardware and operating system you have, since you didn't provide that information.
@stoolzo - if i don't quote or "@" someone in particular - i normally target the post before mine Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-11-18, 17:02)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 11:09)Gracus Wrote: It's not an issue!

What a complete nonsense you write. I would have not said this, if you did not ignore my post.
I know for sure that at least on Linux ui and video observe limited/full range setting. This is how kodi works. And yes, this is not an issue because it works correctly, at least on Linux.

So it not an issue on linux, I find that hard to believe if you truly understand what is going on here, what hardware platform are you using to output 4:4:4 FULL RGB?
(2016-11-18, 18:13)Memphiz Wrote: @stoolzo - if i don't quote or "@" someone in particular - i normally target the post before mine Wink

I mentioned HTPC so its a PC and MADVR and DS PLAYER which are windows only are they not?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
colour space - RGB / YBCR - 16-235 / 0-2350