AppTV skin needs your help
Bug 
Hi everyone,

I have been working away on the Kyrpton release of the skin and have run into some problems that could do with some user help to sort out.

The first issue is that there now seems to be no string translations happening for this skin (and every other kodi addon) thru the Transfix translation service. And thus every string change to the skin since the beginning of the year has not been translated. This is not a show stopper issue in my opinion, but for non English speakers would probably be annoying. If you are able to help with translations to your language of choice, the base language file is located here.

Now the second issue, and this one is a show stopper. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to pin down why I cannot change certain skin settings. An example of a setting that does not seem to change despite my input is the Background visibility setting located in the Background skin sub menu. All of the problem settings are ones that bring up a selection dialog to allow the user to select the setting, the code for which is supplied by the skin.helper.service addon. Now I am pretty sure it is not a problem with the helper script as Marcel's Beta Kyrpton skin which also uses this script is working just fine. I'm running Kyrpton beta 6 on a Windows 10 box, so people running other systems providing feedback of the status of the skin on their systems might help me to track down what is happening. If you would like to take the current version of the skin for a spin and report problems, you will also need to grab the beta version of the helper script located in Marcel's test repo located here.

As the skin currently stands it is pretty close to me being able to release it to the Kyrpton repo, but I will not release it until I can resolve the second issue listed above. This issue needs to be sorted fairly quickly as I am off on a family holiday just after Christmas and will not be back until the middle of January.

Hopefully I can sort the problem soon.
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppTV skin needs your help0