HDMI - CEC Input Switching
I posted this in the Linux subforum, but I dont think it has anything to do with Linux, so I am trying here....

So I want to use CEC to simply switch input sources to the one that Kodi is on when a button on the remote is pushed.

I cant seem to do this. There is a function called CECActivateSource that I see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/list_of_built-in_functions

However, when I assign that to a button on my remote, I get this:
Code:
ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'cecactivatesource' defined

How can I get this to work?

Alternatively, if I can get it to switch to kodi when it is currently in screensaver mode, that would work too.
Anyone have any idea who might know anything about CEC and Kodi?
CEC communicates over the HDMI connection.
If you are currently not connected to the HDMI port to which the Kodi system is attached, then no CE commands will get through to it.
HTH
Derek
I have an HDMI connection. I do see a port option in the CEC settings in Kodi. Is this something that needs adjusting? I seem to get conflicting information online.
(2016-11-26, 09:26)dandnsmith Wrote: CEC communicates over the HDMI connection.
If you are currently not connected to the HDMI port to which the Kodi system is attached, then no CE commands will get through to it.
HTH
Then source switching would never work, so that can't be right.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for that - I am obviously labouring under a misunderstanding of how it works.
Derek
So here is what I have:

1) Using the Kodi remote app on my iphone, I can successfully get the Kodi to auto switch to the appropriate HDMI input.

However, I cant find in the log what command is being issued for this to happen. The thought is that then maybe I can figure out how to map that to a key of my choice.

Anyone help where this is happening in the log? I know its super log but I wanted to make sure that all info is captured.

The switch happened sometime around 15:24:58

https://paste.ee/p/EPVAC
Is it actually sending a command or just causing activity on that HDMI port, which triggers the input switching? It might not actually be CEC that is trigging it in that specific situation.

In any case, I'd love to see a specific command for this as well. CEC is great, but my TV's remote sucks.
I dont think its just causing activity on that HDMI port that triggers the switch. If I mess around with the remote (send directional commands for instance), it does not switch ports. Its not until a show is played that the switch happens.

I just cant find that command in the log file.

Edit. This looks like the source is activating.

Code:
15:24:58 T:140084025771776   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> source activated: Recorder 1 (1)
15:24:58 T:140084025771776   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - sending active source message for 'Recorder 1'

But I have no idea how to keymap that. Line 404 shows my attempt at that using what I though the kodi function was.[/code]
Did you solve this problem? I'm having the same issue. CEC is working but i have no means to make Kodi the active source with my hardware remote (Minix A2 Lite).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI - CEC Input Switching0