MUSIC FANART problems (MQ7)
After hours of searching and reading in these threads, I'm at a loss.
I have successfully created a music folder "Christmas" and inside are 30 tracks of various artists.
I like playing this music in Fullscreen on TV and have the Fanart set to slideshow.
It all works well for 2/3 of the tracks where the fanart is automatically searched ...
but the other 1/3 of the tracks it fails to find any Fanart...resulting in black screen..
If I was to get the missing fanart, where do I store it?
And how do I name the fanart files?
And how do I lnk it to the required track when playing the music?
Appreciate any help.

(not sure why it fails to find some fanart like Perry Como but does find fanart for Dean Martin ?)
The best way to get fanart automatically, is to ensure that all your music is tagged correctly and includes Musicbrainz MBID's.

To add your own fanart for an artist is quite easy, but it depends upon your directory structure being correct.

So, for example if the root directory for your music is /music, then inside there you make directories for each of the artists that you want to add fanart for. So now we have '/music/Perry Como'. Then inside that we make another directory called 'extrafanart' which your fanart goes inside. It doesn't matter what you name the files as long as they are all .jpg . So your final structure looks like '/music/Perry Como/extrafanart/fanart1.jpg' etc etc

Make sure that artist slideshow is set up with '/music' as its root directory and is set to use both local and remote art. Now, when the artist name is 'Perry Como', artist slideshow will look in the appropriate directory and show you the art.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle

Thank you so much !! you're a legend !! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MUSIC FANART problems (MQ7)1