Win SMB freeze
there seems to be an important issue with SMB shares in Kodi

layout : Two PC's with windows 10 in a network . One as server with de files and the client also with windows 10

The screen freezes on the client randomly with many files (not all) that have big size and bit rate (iso blu rays , BDremux) never with small files

Sharing with UPnP in the same network the freeze never comes up neither if disk with de movies is connected directly to the client (usb link)

I have change de client with other PC but the issue is on

Note: the network keeps an average speed of 200 megabits and theres is no buffer issues before the screen freeze freeze comes up
There is a need to desactive the network and active it again to be able to exit kodi after the issue comes up

Log https://paste.ubuntu.com/23511724/
I'm assuming your network is wireless since you are using a laptop?

Also your laptop isn't tested fully for Windows 10 (or 8 / 8.1) which means it may not have full driver support and thus the network issues.

I run two Windows 10 machines and do everything on wireless (with SMB) and do not have a single streaming issue even with direct copy Blu-ray movies. Tested on 16.1 and 17.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Big Grin 
Thanks for your help

I have been out and I could not replay early

After your replay I look further and I found the real issue. !The Inackteck card for usb 3.0 ports in my server disconected & reconected sometimes ! and the disks attached to the card that made the streaming fail

Still I do not understand why with the UPnP protocol did not happened

Once I updated the driver that is installed with windows 10 for the card the issue is gone

Thanks a lot for your help and I am sorry for the inconveniences

Post closed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB freeze0