Kodi stops playing video every 5 mins
Did anyone find a fix for this?

I have 17.6 installed on iPad Mini 4 (iOS 11.4) via Cydia Impactor. Using the estuary skin (if relevant) as Estouchy doesnt show items 'in progress'. Advancedsettings.xml that is use on all my android TV boxes to use MySQL database and SMB shares. My NAS (Single Bay WD MyCloud) doesnt support NFS, so cant test that.

Never had an issue with playback any other device. Only the iPad, which stops evert ~5mins.

Tried disabling hardware acceleration, but as expected, made no difference.

Hoping someone has a fix!
(2018-06-25, 16:21)FearDamhan Wrote: Did anyone find a fix for this?
I have 17.6 installed on iPad Mini 4
The Kodi 17 branch has been finalized some time ago and will not receive any more fixes as it is no longer in development. Perhaps you can try a Kodi Leia Alpha build.
Was kind of hoping it was a setting rather than a bug, if someone out there know what magical concoction of settings to use on the iPad.

Dont want to use Leia, as that would require all of my devices in the house to upgrade to an alpha build (which will surely lead to further issue), or having diverging data sets in two different databases which is not ideal either.
I can at least assure you that this is not a common behaviour. I use kodi 17.6 on iPad mini a lot and it plays videos through the end with no issues ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Appreciate that. Makes me think its something that can be fixed. Do you also use a MySQL database and files stored on a NAS device that is SMB based? I tried playing with advancedsettings, adding the following settings

<cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
</cache>

And it appears to have improved matters. Now, instead of every 4-5 mins, it will last for 12-15 mins before failing.

The iPad generally is seamless at steaming anything, so not sure why this is happening.
Local db and nfs to the nas
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
So I've played with different cache settings, (continuously increasing the cache size) with mixed results. I seem to get further with some files, and not much progress with others.

I pulled down the nightly image of Leia, formed an ipa and loaded it via Cydia Impactor. It did a database migration as expected (meaning my iPad is now running off a different database to my other clients) for testing. So far, the iPad is now playing faultlessly. 75 mins into a movie as I type. So while its no good to me right now (as I dont want to upgrade the household to Leia until at least a final release), it does mean that the iPad will become a valid client over time. I just need to wait for Leia to release!

I have no way to know if it being the only client using the database is part of the fix or not (given that Memphiz was effectively also the only client using his database as it was a local DB), or whether IOS has some problem wrt to that 107 video schema

If anyone else finds a way to make it reliable on 17.6 I'd love to hear it.
Try something else but samba on 17.6 for a test.
Seems the WD My Cloud Single Bay NAS I have only supports SMB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stops playing video every 5 mins0