Wetek Hub or ...?
It's time to replace my old Raspberry PI (LibreElec) with a new box.

My main use will be Kodi, but occasionally I want to use it for web browsing, Youtube and Spotify. Maybe Netflix in the future.
I've got a NAS (Synology) and the box can be connected via ethernet.

I'm looking at the Wetek Hub, but wonder if that's a good choice?

Of course I've read some reviews and it seems that the remote is a big disappointment. (The Logitech K400, or something like that, is an option, but that will cost the only usb-port on the Hub, but my files are on a NAS anyway).
I'm also a bit concerned of the 1GB memory, is that enough to run Android and Kodi?

As second I was looking for the Minix U1, higher specs, but also €40 more expensive. So I don't know if that is worth the money.
And it seems that it doesn't support Netflix, if I ever would want to use that.

What are your thoughts and experiences?
Maybe keep an eye on the new Xiaomi android MI BOX it's official android TV certified and is priced pretty well, still has some firmware issues though.., seeing as you mentioned Netfix you'll need DRM capibilities and Widewine level 1 support if you want HD Netflix, Wetek Hub will fit the bill in this regard, but personally I'd say go with a 2GB RAM device...
Looks nice indeed. Didn't know about this box (since I'm ignoring Chinese stuff, but this seems something different).
Only concern is that it hasn't a network cable connection, and I'm not sure if wifi is stable enough to do video streaming.

Any idea where and when they will be sold?

Another advantage I see, that is support Chrome Cast, I think most Android devices like the Wetek Hub don't support this.

Are there any disadvantages on Android TV instead of 'regular' Android?
Big thread written about Mi Box vs Hub recently, follow the links..

Q. I'm a Newbie on a $100 budget using a 1080p TV, I do not need HD Audio and have no audio/video receiver (AVR).
I just want to plug in and power up, and run Kodi with minimal fuss. I don't care about anything else ?
  • Xiaomi Mi Box, mini review HERE
  • WeTek Hub
  • Which device is better for use as a Kodi media player, well read this and make up your own mind.
Marshmallow Firmware is working quite well on the Hub now as well since I've found and then massaged a SPMC (Kodi) version a bit to work properly with PVR's on it. Hub is a superior Android Kodi platform.

I'm almost convinced about the Mi Box, hope they will also be available in Europe soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Hub or ...?0