Updating TVShows, tvshow.nfo found in root problem
When updating TV shows, TMM is producing the error "Found file 'tvshow.nfo' in the root directory of the data source. To get this imported, move it to its own directory!"
This looks to be coming from TvShowUpdateDatasourceTask2.java at line 195 however it's not producing enough information for me to establish the cause of the error.

It would be helpful if the error could also log the full path so I could investigate where this is coming from. Nothing appears to show up in the log files to help diagnosis.
maybe the same error as in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295206 ?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2016-11-22, 10:23)dasfreak Wrote: When updating TV shows, TMM is producing the error "Found file 'tvshow.nfo' in the root directory of the data source. To get this imported, move it to its own directory!"
This looks to be coming from TvShowUpdateDatasourceTask2.java at line 195 however it's not producing enough information for me to establish the cause of the error.

It would be helpful if the error could also log the full path so I could investigate where this is coming from. Nothing appears to show up in the log files to help diagnosis.
I'm having the same trouble. I got TMM to rename and get subtitles for my files, since filebot doesn't work anymore. I created a folder for TMM and dump in stuff I want it to rename, which I then drag over to my Kodi folders. 

TMM renames my movies ok, but it gives me this error when I drop in TV shows. "Found file 'Chernobyl Season 1 S01 - S01E02 - Chernobyl Please Remain Calm.mkv' in the root directory of the data source. To get this imported, move it to its own directory!"
What does this mean?

I don't want TMM to manage my files and download a ton of images and crap that Kodi already does.  I only want it to rename them and grab subtitles.  I prefer to manage by hand.
do you know how tmm works? or even had a look at the homepage/wiki?

https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...20Settings
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2019-09-26, 07:46)mlaggner Wrote: do you know how tmm works? or even had a look at the homepage/wiki?

https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...20Settings

First, I apologize if I'm coming off like an a-hole. I know you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart, and I appreciate that.

No, I don't know how it works. Yes, I read your homepage until I started to get a headache, but I can't claim to have understood it.  I've been wrestling with this overstuffed "tiny" program to try to tame it to do the two tasks I'd like it to instead of running wild downloading stuff and creating all kinds of folders I don't want. I have Kodi to manage my media.  I don't want TMM doing it. But all that is beside the  question; Why am I getting an error message when I drop in tv shows?  I really liked filebot, but everyone says I shouldn't support that guy because he's a jerk or something.
invalid:
DatasourceTV\show.nfo
DatasourceTV\show.mkv

working:
DatasourceTV\ShowName\show.nfo
DatasourceTV\ShowName\show.mkv

You need AT LEAST the showname inside your added datasource;
a file "in the root of it" is not valid and cannot be mapped/moved to a show (without many false positives)
> To get this imported, move it to its own directory!!!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
apology accepted Wink

tmm needs meta data to do its work right. The needed data for episodes is:

a) the TV show it belongs to
if you drop your files in the TV show root, how should tmm know to which TV show this episode belongs? tmm sees just a file which _could_ be anything. By dropping the episode at least in the TV show folder, you make this assignment and tmm can work further

b) the TV show ids (for fetching further data)
for download all kind of stuff (meta data, artwork, trailers, ..) tmm needs the ID(s) from the different meta data providers to get the right things.. fetching subtitle _may_ work without these ids (idk by heart what exactly is needed to fetch subtitles). 

so if you just want to rename and get subtitles tmm needs at least enough meta data to build the filename for the new episode - so without scraping you won't have much fun here Smile if you want Kodi to manage your media you have some sort of chicken-egg problem:

a) you want to get the right episode filename previous for import into kodi
BUT
b) you want Kodi to get the meta data which the filename is created off..

my suggestion would be: let tmm do its work (download metadata, artwork and subtitles; create NFOs for Kodi; rename) and then let Kodi just "display" your media. tmm has just a simpler interface to prepare/manage the data..

btw: I know the creator of filebot and why he sells filebot now and can understand him.. Just imagine you code 15 year just for "free" and never get a reward for your work (beside of a few donations which is by far not worth the work you've done). And this pricing is by far not overpriced for the work he does.. just calculate the time you save by using his tool -> this should be much more worth than 6$/year

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating TVShows, tvshow.nfo found in root problem0