Linux PowerSaving vs. Avahi-Daemon
Question 
Hi, thanks for trying to help!

Short summary: Airplay streamed to Kodi 16.1 media center via avahi-daemon cuts (mutes) out after a few minutes. Comes back if you wake up Kodi by pressing button on remote.

Explanation: I am using a Zotac AD12+ as media center, running Kodi 16.1 on Ubuntu 15.10, connected to my home theater via HDMI. When I stream music from my iPhone to Kodi the playback stops, in fact the sound just mutes, after a while. I kept thinking that it's a network issue till it happened that I woke up Kodi by pressing a button on the remote, and the music was back.
It seems that the power saving feature of Kodi disables the HDMI port after 5min and so the music just mutes or stops.

I do like power saving and I do try to optimize the box to run at lowest possible CPU and GPU utilization (and so temperature, fan speeds and noise level) when idle. The muting airplay however, is really annoying.

Question: Is there any way, any code or modification I can do to keep the power saving features alive but tell Kodi not to cut the sound transmission to HDMI??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PowerSaving vs. Avahi-Daemon0