how to run the script make-mingwlibs.bat
Hi,

I'm now in the part where I'm supposed to call the script make-mingwlibs.bat. I tried ./make-mingwlibs.bat in the directory where it's located and it gives me this error:

'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\..\..\VC\vcv arsall.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Does someone know how to run this script in order that I can participate in Kodi?

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you are trying to run bat from VS2015? Just use a cmd window (from Windows). CD to the folder containing the bat file(s) and run from there.
Sorry I took this long to respond, but I'll try that. Thing is I was using GitBash.
All right, I tried running make-mingwlibs.bat in my windows 7 command prompt and I got this:

Microsoft <R> Windows Script Host Version 5.8
Copyright <C> Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".bat".

Okay, this is a bit frustrating. Does someone have another idea as to how to get make-mingwlibs.bat to run?
So you are saying your cmd prompt can't run bat files? That makes no sense to me.

Did you CD to the folder containing the bat file(s) and just enter the bat file name? Or did you do something silly like type "run"? Then again GitBash should be happy too.
Actually what I did was say make-mingwlibs.bat and then when that didn't work, I typed ./make-mingwlibs.bat.
What is the actual command for running a bat script in the windows 7 command prompt? I've been trying to Google it and I haven't found it.
Huh? Make sure you are in the correct directory, where the batch file is found, then execute the batch file by typing in the name of the batch file
Okay, let's see if that works for me.
Nope, I got the same error that I described at the beginning of the thread:

'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\..\..\VC\vcv arsall.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Meanwhile I'm looking into why this is still the case.
Quote:'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\..\..\VC\vcv arsall.bat"

Could be wrong here, but if you have copied that line exactly, there is a space in it that shouldn't be there. "vcv arsall.bat" should be "vcvarsall.bat".
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yeah, I think that was because of the command prompt being small enough allowing for that to happen. Anyways, I was Googling what to do about my problem and I'm going to try reinstalling Visual Studio 2015. It might fix the problem.
Are you using the cmd window, not just run?
Right, I am using the cmd window.
You could temp edit make-mingwlibs.bat to turn echo on, then when it is run you will see what line causes the error. That might provide some more info. It would seem it is trying to use some part of VS2015 that isn't located or named where it expects.

Sorry if my previous replies have been too basic, but it was hard to tell the level of your issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to run the script make-mingwlibs.bat0