Rebuilding UnRaid Server - Gaming Backed
So as the post suggests, I am rebuilding my UnRaid server, I would like to have everything enclosed in this box so will be needing a dual tuner satellite card S2, I will be re-purposing a couple of items from my current HTPC such as the HDD's, CPU and GPU, and the RAM and HDD's from my current UnRaid server. so the parts I have are as follows :-

CPU = Intel Core I7-47770
GPU = EVGA GTX 970
RAM = Kingston HyperX DDR3 - 2x8GB
SSD = Samsung 850 Evo - 120GB
HDD = 3 x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM - 3TB
1 x Western Digital Blue 7200RPM - 1TB

The case that I will be enclosing all this in will be a little unorthodox as I would like to fit it in this http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/stora...-40324489/ a Kallax insert from IKEA to keep the GF happy.
I also have a HP Microserver N40L that i will be sacrificing to the project so i can dismantle it for the drive cages and anything else I may require from it.

Now to the needs, I would like to run UnRaid for my storage, general server and PVR backend needs and Virtualize a Windows 10 machine that will passthrough the GPU and the majority of the CPU horsepower to run my gaming backend. I then plan to have a Kodi box driving each of my TVs that can stream the games from the virtual machine using Nvidia GameStream.

I Need your help on suggestions of Satellite Tuner, PSU, Motherboard, and anything else I may have forgotten.
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
ever consider snapraid?

at least for streaming media i think it's a better solution than unraid. plus you can mix and match any filesystem type and size. it's a hyrbid of raid6 and true backup solution which raid is not

anyway thought i would throw that out there
(2016-11-22, 17:55)J7AYU Wrote: So as the post suggests, I am rebuilding my UnRaid server, I would like to have everything enclosed in this box so will be needing a dual tuner satellite card S2, I will be re-purposing a couple of items from my current HTPC such as the HDD's, CPU and GPU, and the RAM and HDD's from my current UnRaid server. so the parts I have are as follows :-

CPU = Intel Core I7-47770
GPU = EVGA GTX 970
RAM = Kingston HyperX DDR3 - 2x8GB
SSD = Samsung 850 Evo - 120GB
HDD = 3 x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM - 3TB
1 x Western Digital Blue 7200RPM - 1TB

The case that I will be enclosing all this in will be a little unorthodox as I would like to fit it in this http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/stora...-40324489/ a Kallax insert from IKEA to keep the GF happy.
I also have a HP Microserver N40L that i will be sacrificing to the project so i can dismantle it for the drive cages and anything else I may require from it.

Now to the needs, I would like to run UnRaid for my storage, general server and PVR backend needs and Virtualize a Windows 10 machine that will passthrough the GPU and the majority of the CPU horsepower to run my gaming backend. I then plan to have a Kodi box driving each of my TVs that can stream the games from the virtual machine using Nvidia GameStream.

I Need your help on suggestions of Satellite Tuner, PSU, Motherboard, and anything else I may have forgotten.

I don't know your geographic location so I can't speak to what type of tuner you are looking at. I don't believe I raid can do drivers for pci or USB tuners. If you are in the US hdhomerun products are a good solution but they are network tuners and won't be part of the unsaid build. But u can get above backend such as tvheadend on unraid to use them.
You can download a special unraid build which includes the dvb drivers. So you can run a USB tuner.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
true, tested and working Wink
unRAID has supported Docker for a while now. There are a number of Docker containers that support TV Headend and I believe allow local USB tuners. Prior to this, older versions of unRAID supported plugins that also allowed USB tuners to be used.

(unRAID also allows VMs to run, not just Docker containers, so you can do quite a lot of clever stuff on it, in addition to file serving)
Just piggybacking on this thread, but does anyone run Kodi on a windows machine with media stored on an Unraid server and have issues updating their video library? I have a very large video library and I cannot get Kodi's video library to update. It just hangs every time. I use a separate media scraper (tiny and media center master) so Kodi is set to local info only.
I was VM on unRaid with OpenELEC/LibreELEC and maped passthrough PCIE GPU - nvidia Wink everything worked great !

Also i had i docker Mariadb(Mysql) where i stored my library data from kodi - arround 1200movies and 80 tvshows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rebuilding UnRaid Server - Gaming Backed0