v17 Adaptive layout: Estuary for every aspect ratio
We have some good news to tell you:
The new iteration of Estuary now scales fine to any common aspect ratio out there:

21:9 examples:

4:3 examples:

This is the first one of its kind, so some feedback for devices with non-16:9 resolutions is much appreciated.

Supported aspect ratios: 4:3, 3:2, 16:10, 16:9, 21:9
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
why do some categories keep resetting to the middle is that a bug or by design? (unwatched movies/tv shows on homepage)
(2016-11-23, 05:01)mazey Wrote: why do some categories keep resetting to the middle is that a bug or by design? (unwatched movies/tv shows on homepage)

I have no idea what you mean. Some more details, please.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2016-11-23, 05:02)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 05:01)mazey Wrote: why do some categories keep resetting to the middle is that a bug or by design? (unwatched movies/tv shows on homepage)

I have no idea what you mean. Some more details, please.

every show is selected from the start (#1 placing) then you scroll to the right 15 places, but for some reason Unwatched Movies/Unwatched TV shows keeps resetting to the middle, so it starts from the 7th item on the home page you can take it back to the first item selected go play something return and its back in the middle 7th item again. its really annoying lol

EDIT: seems to also do it on Random Movies and Movie sets. but not on recently added movies or recently added tv shows.
Still not sure if I get what you mean.... you can return to the first item in a widget list by pressing "Back".
(2016-11-23, 05:07)phil65 Wrote: Still not sure if I get what you mean.... you can return to the first item in a widget list by pressing "Back".

ohh so its by design yes that works. its just V1 never worked like that it started from the start #1 file, you can only go a few items to the right or to the left it creates more work scrolling then just going to the right from the beginning.

when you first launch kodi they all start from #1 file so you go right 15 places to scroll items. something then after playing something or returning to the home page is causing some categories to reset to the middle so they start on the #7 file. it should either remember where it was or not reset to the middle #7 file but back to the #1 file.
That more sounds like a core issue than a skin issue.

Anyways, please stay on topic from now on. This thread is intended for feedback concerning scaling to non-16:9 aspect ratios.
Edit: Sorry posted in wrong thread!
Is there any plan to increase the font size for menu items and titles with about 20-30% ?
I like the Estuary Skin and use Kodi as a simple TV Player but on displays under 80cm (60cm for example) it's impossible to read anything - Titles / Menu Items included - from a distance of more than 3 meters.
I'd suggest to have a look (just for inspiration) at the DVB Viewer PRO OSD proportions, a nice piece of software that I'd used for over 10 years before Kodi. The DVBViewer OSD is usable (readable) even on 17-19inch monitors from a 2-3 meters distance Smile
A small suggestion. I really like the latest GUI/OSD modifications and would like to suggest to make the icons a little larger because from the distance they matter more than the text. The actual icons are still small and the tiles they stay on are huge in comparison.
Example (Categories):
https://i.imgur.com/q3ap4h5.jpg
Hi,

I have a LG 38UC99 Monitor, which has a aspect ratio of 21:9.
The native resolution is 3840x1600.

The skin is not scaling very well. All Screen content is scretched horizontally.
Kodi Resolution is set to the native resolution of the screen.
If I playback Videos, the aspect ration of the video is OK, only the skin is not scaling well.

Is there a configuration I missed or I set wrong?

I use Windows 10 and Kodi 17 final release.

Regards
(2017-02-21, 17:32)John McClane Wrote: Hi,

I have a LG 38UC99 Monitor, which has a aspect ratio of 21:9.
The native resolution is 3840x1600.

The skin is not scaling very well. All Screen content is scretched horizontally.
Kodi Resolution is set to the native resolution of the screen.
If I playback Videos, the aspect ration of the video is OK, only the skin is not scaling well.

Is there a configuration I missed or I set wrong?

I use Windows 10 and Kodi 17 final release.

Regards

Looking at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master.../addon.xml it seems the given 21:9 dimensions are 2560 x 1080.

If you are comfortable with editing xml files, then within your Kodi install folder go to

addons/skin.estuary

and open addon.xml in a text editor and add the line shown in bold below.

Quote: <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
<res width="1920" height="1440" aspect="4:3" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="1920" height="1280" aspect="3:2" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="1920" height="1200" aspect="16:10" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
<res width="2560" height="1080" aspect="21:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
<res width="3840" height="1600" aspect="21:9" default="false" folder="xml" />
</extension>
@jjd-uk
thanks for the advice.
I added the line to the addon.xml file in the skin folder, but unfortunately it has no visible effect.
You didn't do it while Kodi was still active did you? if so then Kodi will need a restart.
No, Kodi was not running, I closed it before editing the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adaptive layout: Estuary for every aspect ratio1