v16 Need advice about ROM Emulation - What should I use?
Hello everyone!!

I hope you are all doing well today! Smile

I am here because I am somewhat a newbie when it comes to Kodi. I've been using it for a while, but for the first time, I am trying to use it to play ROMS.

I tried using Rom Collection Browser, but it's a complete NIGHTMARE! Sad I have so many issues, I've been tinkering with it for 2 days and I still can't get it to work.

My biggest problem is with the online scraping. I am not sure what to do. I have several rom files (NES, SNES, N64, GENESIS), and I've added 4 ROM collections. When I try to scrape online, I change the scrapers to thegamesdb and giantbomb, but I don't use any other ones because I've seen that these are the best ones. Mobygames never work anyway, it seems like it makes everything crash when I use it. archive.vg is not great either.

Anyway, I always have the same problem. Either the scraping process completes and I have my games listed, but no artwork at all (and no descriptions...my screen is just black with a list of my games). Or I get a message saying the system couldn't create artwork.
I tried to do a selective scrape, but most of the time, nothing pops-up and I can't even choose anything.

I am storing my rom files on a USB key. My emulators are installed on my android box (got them from the google play store)

I thought that maybe my USB key wasn't writable or something, but it turns out it is. When I plugged in on my computer, I saw there was .nfo files for almost all of my games.

So, all in all, I am stumped. I don't understand what the heck is going on.

I've been looking in alternatives such as advanced rom launcher and hyperlauncher, but I don't understand how to use them. I'm not even sure I can use them alone.

I thought that maybe I could find a zip file containing the all the artwork I need online, as well and the necessary nfo files, but I did not find anything. I wanted to try a local scraping instead.

I tried something called EmuMovies download utility, but it still doesn't find all my games, and I don't get the nfos this way.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I manually renamed all my rom files so it would be easier for the system to find them, but I did not see a great improvement.

I know I'm kind of all over the place with this, but I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do now.....so.....if anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
Why don't you try Advanced Emulator Launcher?
+1 AEL is AFAIK this only addon for rom management that is still actively developed and running without issue. By the way good wintermute Smile
Thank you both!! I'll try it! I was eventually able to make RCB working, I uninstalled everything and deleted the folders that were still there, re-started everything from the start and THEN it finally worked.

But I'd rather have something that is still developed Smile

So, thank you both so much for your time!! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advice about ROM Emulation - What should I use?0