v17 Zeroconf Crashes Kodi and more
1st Problem = Every time I try to toggle the option for zeroconf on, Kodi immediately crashes.
2nd Problem = Going into "Settings" and then "Skin settings", any options I enable or disable, such as removing Music or Weather from appearing on the main menu, will reset once I close Kodi and then launch it again. These settings should be permanent like all the other settings.

Kodi Version = KodiSetup-20161122-6120ee9-master.exe for 23NOV2016 from the nightlies builds.
Windows Version = Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Version 1607, Build 14393.447
CPU = Core i7 4770K
RAM = 16GB

This is on a system with a fresh install of Windows. Kodi was installed fresh as well, no previous installs. No external video or audio cards.

Reproduction of 1st Problem = Simply go to the Settings and try to enable zeroconf.
Reproduction of 2nd Problem = Refer to my explanation at the beginning of the post.

Pastebin for 1st Problem = http://pastebin.com/Tr3EzVTY
Link to crash dmp file from Kodi = https://www.dropbox.com/s/b05olqizot5jvb...9.dmp?dl=0

No log for the 2nd Problem as Kodi doesn't crash, it just, for whatever reason, doesn't save the setting for that specific section. Zeroconf/Bonjour installed via downloading the Bonjour Print Services for Windows and updating that once installed.
Really, no response? And a new beta comes out?
I've got Krypton B6 up, made some changes to the interface (selected F to C temps and changed the clock to 24 hrs) both held on a shut down and re-start. I went into settings and toggled zeroconf on without consequences, of course I haven't got anything connected, so that doesn't matter much. The possible explanation might be that something is amiss and the skin crashes prior to exit and any user settings are not saved. Outside of the network socket error, I didn't see much amiss. If you're looking for stability, step back to Jarvis for a while.
I seem to vaguely recall having to install a program in windows to use zeroconf in kodi. Avahi perhaps?

Ps you have read the wiki ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Need install bounjour for windows...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zeroconf Crashes Kodi and more0