Solved I hate surprises
As the title says, I hate surprises.

And i just found this out today.
Kodi has a whole page dedicated, to informing us, and do not bury the information deep inside their terms.
What am i ranting about THIS:
Privacy

Kodi Privacy Policy, and how i would like, information served to me, easy to read and understand, thank you for that.
https://kodi.tv/kodi-privacy-policy/

Then i read that, Telemetry has been added to Latest GeForce Experience, from NVIDIA.
Big deal so what?, as i said when Mr No No got banned, and a user stepped forward, admitting to be the owner of a certain server,
I respect honesty, i dislike unawareness.
So what is the fuss about Telemetry.

Information NVIDIA collects, and sends back.

1. Your GPU’s specification, vendor, clock speed, and overclock information.
2. Your monitor information and display resolution.
3. Driver settings for some games.
4. Resolution and quality settings you have chosen for some games.
5. Games and applications installed, so NVIDIA can see how many people have Origin, Steam, Counter-Strike: GO, Overwatch, and other games installed.
6. How much RAM you have.
7. Information about your CPU, motherboard, and BIOS version.

But NVIDIA claims they have not collected, any information since GeForce Experience, was first introduced, REALLY.

I have no problems with NVIDIA collecting information, Google collects, MS collects
But i would like to know, without having to read the EULA, which most companies write in a way most do not understand.
KODI EXCLUDED

Why can't they do it the Kodi way, dedicate a whole page, no "foreign" words, very easy to read and understand.
But perhaps its just me, in a nutshell, but i dislike unawareness.
Well "idiot" you should have read the TERMS, so its your own darn fault.

(If the thread is Off-Topic for the Kodi Forums, drop a line and ill remove it )
Thank You.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
I'm slightly confused with your post, not sure if you're giving a backhand complement to Kodi and it's privacy terms and more or less plain language explanations; or a vent at how NVIDIA collects, and sends back information (off-topic to Kodi). The same arguments can be made for most of the main stream retailers, if they can collect information they do. I expect this produces better targeted products, and protects margins in the face of a very competitive industry. End-user license agreements are another bone of contention full of weasel words that are mostly one sided, but most don't hold up.

I suggest this thread might be moved to Off-Topic, but perhaps, others might offer some words.
hmm seems i was to clever for my own good again.
I tried being careful and making sure my spelling was correct, but to make it short.
@PatK
I was simply saying i like the way Kodi handles Privacy, by telling it straight, and no i was not "venting" my opinion about NVIDIA,
if my text came out that way, it was not deliberate, so in short it was kudos to Kodi.

I hope my reply, makes sense to the reader, if not feel free to contact me, and ill try to explain it better.
Thank You
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Banned add-ons
I do have a quick question about the "widget" top bar with Blog Download Wiki and so on.
At some point would it be possible to make us able to customize it and move the links around, perhaps even add items.

I am asking here because its just an idea and do not want to start a new thread, If it can be answered by a simple yes or no. Big Grin
Thank you
Banned add-ons
we'll get a new theme at some point, but having the top menu customizable is not planned by any means. Every browser has a favourites, I'd use that Wink
Okay vielen dank da-anda, , i hope the "at some point" is in my lifetime, Big Grin

Did some "house cleaning" removed the junk.
Thank you
Banned add-ons
The thread is moving to 'off-topic' support for Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions are best handled in that area. [PatK]
Ill try to sum up ignore, the NVIDIA stuff.

@da-anda wrote:
we'll get a new theme at some point, but having the top menu customizable is not planned by any means. Every browser has a favorites, I'd use that.

I am not sure if the Top Bar ever was intended, for member use.
The problem With using favorites, at least from my standpoint is, my bookmarks keep disappearing and i have to restore them from a backup each week.
I use X marks, and have done so for years.

If the members were able to customize, the top bar, the current top bar probably will not work, for the suggestions i made
it could be used for keeping track of our post, we made in an easier way. and keeping the banned no no list in a easy to find location
My first link to add would be to https://kodi.tv/, its a bit annoying the Kodi home link, is at the bottom of the Forum.

I bet a lot have clicked the Top Icon thinking it would take them to https://kodi.tv/.
the top bar ofc has to be locked in place and also have the dimensions locked.
So the Forum layout does not break,
I do not expect every "TK" to drop the great work they are doing on kodi, and start reconstructing the Forum.
I just hope at some point kib might look into the suggestion, when he has the chance.
Just a suggestion, i used a similar bar in the forum i managed, for our guild when i played WoW.

And the darn thing was tricky to lock in place, without breaking the forum layout.
So is not just something you upload and voila works. well it might here, with all the "clever" people.

I hope, my suggestion is readable, and understood the way its meant to.
Thank you
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I hate surprises0